• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next 4 fixtures:
JAN18 @ West Ham D 1-1
JAN21 VS Newcastle D 2-2
FEB1 @ Watford W 3-2
FEB8 VS Crystal Palace W 3-1

One would think those are all winnable matches. A good 4 week stretch against opposition we should be beating would likely see us in 5th.

I think 7pts. from the 12 on offer is more realistic, and would think that'd put us at 7th.

- 8pts. from 12 slightly better than I predicted; still sitting at 7th with a game in hand.

Follow that up with the toughest stretch of our season:
FEB23 @ Arsenal
MAR1 VS Man Utd
MAR7 @ Chelsea
MAR14 VS RS
MAR21 @ Norwich
APR4 VS Leicester
APR11 @ Spurs

Realistically I see 8 pts. from 21 on offer. Thats 15 pts. from the next 11 matches for a total of 43pts at 33 matches played. That would be 3 less than last year at that stage and likely see us 10/11th.

- Think 10pts. as an absolute maximum; but, 8 pts. still seems most likely from this run. I'll stick with 10/11th place and 44pts. come APR12.

The run in:
APR18 VS Southampton
APR25 @ Wolves
MAY2 VS Aston Villa
MAY9 @ Sheffield
MAY17 VS Bournemouth

I see 11 pts. from 15 available. Thats 54 pts. which is good for a 7th - 9th place finish every year for the last decade or so.

64 points; which is the average needed for a 6th place finish over the last decade, would be an incredible return at this stage and would mean we are beating all the teams outside Sky's top 6 regardless if it's home or away.

In conclusion, expect 7th - 9th, and if we achieve a 6th place finish and European football, Ancelotti should be in contention for manager of the year.

After today's match, updated in blue to take into account results. I still think a 7th - 9th place finish is on the cards but will bump us up to a 55pt. finish given we pulled an extra 1pt over what I originally predicted.

After today's match, updated in blue to take into account results. I still think a 7th - 9th place finish is on the cards but will bump us up to a 55pt. finish given we pulled an extra 1pt over what I originally predicted.
I think the next 3 are very winnable. I think we can beat arsenal away that’s for sure. A point at away to Chelsea and 3 points at against United. I think a point at home to Liverpool is good enough but at the same time if we get a return of 7 from the first 3 I think we can lose that game and still kick on.

Norwich I would expect to win now for sure Spurs is a dodgy one because they didn’t play well at all last week but managed to win the game. Although they aren’t going well as such it’s an away game which I would say 7 times out of ten we lose. Leicester at home is harder then the Utd game but still could get a result

I think to get between 5th and 7th we would need to continue this form and a couple of teams would need to slip up. If we are still unbeaten after the next 5 games and we have, say 11 points, then it could be on. Even if we lose 2 of them and win the other 3, it could still be on, depending on other results

I think to get between 5th and 7th we would need to continue this form and a couple of teams would need to slip up. If we are still unbeaten after the next 5 games and we have, say 11 points, then it could be on. Even if we lose 2 of them and win the other 3, it could still be on, depending on other results

Weve got to take points off the teams around us so beat Arsenal that puts us well ahead of them, take points of Chelsea and United as well. Basically keep up this form we are in.

I think the next 3 are very winnable. I think we can beat arsenal away that’s for sure. A point at away to Chelsea and 3 points at against United. I think a point at home to Liverpool is good enough but at the same time if we get a return of 7 from the first 3 I think we can lose that game and still kick on.

Norwich I would expect to win now for sure Spurs is a dodgy one because they didn’t play well at all last week but managed to win the game. Although they aren’t going well as such it’s an away game which I would say 7 times out of ten we lose. Leicester at home is harder then the Utd game but still could get a result

I have it:
FEB23 @ Arsenal W
MAR1 VS Man Utd D
MAR7 @ Chelsea L
MAR14 VS RS L
MAR21 @ Norwich W
APR4 VS Leicester D
APR11 @ Spurs L

But who knows really.

I have it:
FEB23 @ Arsenal W
MAR1 VS Man Utd D
MAR7 @ Chelsea L
MAR14 VS RS L
MAR21 @ Norwich W
APR4 VS Leicester D
APR11 @ Spurs L

But who knows really.
Exactly we have momentum and at this stage of the season that’s a massive thing. If we can come out of those games with that point return I genuinely believe we can get Europe. Because other then the Pooh over the park the league is a much of a muchness this seadon

Beating Arsenal and Man U would be fantastic, as it would take points off two of our realistic rivals for seventh place. I promise not to go to the Emirates as I've never see us win there - or indeed at Highbury. I don't want to jinx us

Hard to tell where we might finish. Could be anywhere from 4th to 12th with the league being so tight but I've had this horrible thought of us missing out on CL by 1 point and thinking of Niasse tripping over himself with the ball in the final minute against Newcastle.

Beating Arsenal and Man U would be fantastic, as it would take points off two of our realistic rivals for seventh place. I promise not to go to the Emirates as I've never see us win there - or indeed at Highbury. I don't want to jinx us

I've only ever seen us lose at the Emirates.

My girlfriend's first everton match was a few years back when they absolutely smashed us. I think it was 3-0 within 14 minutes.

100% swerving it this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.