Where will we finish under Marco Silva ??

what position will silva guide us too?

• 1-4

• 4-6

• 6-10

• 10-14

• 14-18

• 18-20

• Will be binned of before Christmas

• blue stilton drizzled over a mediterenean loaf

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are we happy with 6-10th then ??

No but Rome wasn't built in a day. As I've said we will need a bit of patience, we have an overloaded squad that needs culling. Also we need to bring in at least three starters. Silva and Brands have a newish idea for us to play football again, attacking football, it's a new start there will be ups and downs and I'm all for it after the trials and tribulations of Koeman and Allardyce.

Went for 6 -10.

If we see a genuine style and plan implemented on the pitch, a couple of successful signings to demonstrate a behind the scenes plan, and anywhere 6 - 12, i’ll consider that a good first step.

A top 8 league finish and a trophy via a cup winning team would certainly help his cause. We’ve got to stop this circus where we have a playing squad acquired under four, now five permanent managers. A revolving door policy of short term managers and their leaving present of unsuccessful player purchases has created a handicap that one transfer window doesn’t fix.

Genuinely encouraged by what I’ve seen and read of Brands, he’ll be expected to define the blueprint and work in tandem with the new manager. The farce of Koeman calling out Walsh after the FA Cup defeat by Leicester asking for players is how not to implement a DoF/Manager Approach....both we’re out of their depth. Now we know how not to do it, perhaps we can get round to showing how it can work. But agree, it’ll need time.....a commodity in short supply in the Premiership where results define careers.

He wasn't my choice, I honestly think he'll have a good go, unlike Koeman who thought he was a bit above us, I can remember last year
Charlie Nicholas Sky-sports being asked about how Wenger had been doing, he said sack Wenger and get Koeman from Everton (After
6 weeks with us) Before Barca come for him, Koeman always seemed aloof following that interview with Nicholas.
Sam never took our job seriously, I suppose once getting the England job and losing it so stupidly will take some swallowing.

I would rather hope (against all hope) that we have finally found our Howard Kendall/Harry Catterick rolled into one, but then I thought the same of Martinez and Koeman only to be thoroughly let down. My abiding fear is that the people who run our club and make the key decisions are clueless and for the last few years it would be hard for even the most ardent blue to make a case for the defence. The last successful appointment was Moyes (context required and of his time, before anyone starts) and that was some considerable time ago.

I don't have a good feeling about this, but then again, i have not had a good feeling with the Everton appointments for over 2 years

Koeman was rightly hailed as a hero for getting us 7th spot. It's a pity that everything went downhill after that.

If Silva could somehow go one better and break into that top 6 I'd be over the moon. I know it's unlikely given that the top 6 all spend more than us on wages and transfers but we've got to think big.

Status
Not open for further replies.