Where do you expect us to finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re still paperthin. We all agreed 8th or maybe sneaking that a Europa conference would be a success after last years disgrace.

But being realistic, we’re pinning a lot of our attacking creativity on James, who can be known for being a little bit fragile.

If we keep everyone fit, based on the start to the season being so unpredictable, we can push the limits of Top 4.

But we’d need United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all to be dodgy throughout and hope Leicester don’t cause issues.

But make no mistake we’re James, Doucoure and Allan injuries away from Davies, Sig and Gomes in the middle and that will kill us.

This is all true, I think. But, the same could be said for every other team in the division - lose three of their best players etc. This team has got a lot of growing to do and I suspect we need three different players to replace some of the rubbish & act as decent back - ups or eventual first teamers. So much is down to luck, coincidence and a fair rub of the green but I believe we aren't a million miles away.

Cue a 4 - 0 Brighton win. Oy vey!

Seen some journalist say this season has all the ingredients for a crazy winner and I agree.
Think this will be one of the wildest seasons yet some crazy results already, We can definitely challenge for Europe.

Sadly the starting 11 will be affected at some point. We saw on saturday when iwobi came on just how much the wheels could fall off if the likes of him and davies starting games again happens due to injuries so it could go either way depending on that.

I still think we need another CM in but hopefully Gblammo can come back and be serviceable (which would be a huge improvement over our current options). If we get just a few improvements/backups we could do really really well. As such tho, injuries always play a part in 19 of the 20 teams in this league, 6th is my guess.

If we beat Brighton and Liverpool then I'm fully submitting to the dream of la decima and we're fully, fully on for top 4 this season.

3-4 points from the next 2 and I'll say we have a decent chance of top 4, really good chance for top 6.

Any less and I'll be saying 6-8th.

3rd through 6th - ahead of Spurs and Wolves, behind City and the [Poor language removed].

I think 3-6 will be us, ManU, Leicester and Arsenal in some order.

This season is wide, wide open.

Citeh, Chelsea, Spuds & Mancs are all mere shadows of the teams that have dominated the league in the last 5 seasons or so.

I think that the RS will easily win the league again, but after that it's anyone's guess.

Personally I'd be disappointed if we don't grab a CL spot, and very disappointed if we finished any lower than 5th. I know that is a big ask, but we have I believe one of the greatest managers of his generation at the helm, and other squads have unproven ex-player managers. The gulf in managerial ability and know-how between Ancelotti and eg Lampard is absolutely huge.

We can do this.

Revising my earlier prediction based on tonight. That lot and Leicester look stronger than us, Arsenal absolutely do not. Willian and Luis look done, tierney looks very average. Top 4 is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.