Where do you expect us to finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just discounting the Derby, but Southampton, Newcastle, Fulham and Burnley are our next four away games and if we want to be taken seriously, they are the games we need to be taking 10-12 points from.

December will be brutal, and we go on a run of Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City at home, so they’ll be huge.

Any home advantage is negligible when we're playing in empty stadiums

What is quite encouraging is a number of the traditional CL clubs have slipped up. The Brighton game is going to be vital as we all know the game after is going to be tough. Lose 2 in a row and we are right back in the middle of the pack

Great to see the optimism that the start to the season has brought. Builds on the feel good factor that the summer signings and Carlo's appointment started.

In saying all that I think we need to be realistic. Realistic in that a number of the 'Top 6' clubs have shown frailties. United, Spurs, Chelsea and City have all had poor results and/or performances. Whilst I expect they'll get better they don't look great currently. That's a sign for optimism though finishing above City is completely unrealistic. Arsenal are an unknown bag and the RS have only played twice.

There's an opportunity there this season to gate crash that Top 6. Where about who knows. The concern though is that Leicester probably think the same thing and probably did last season. Not after 3 games either. After 17 games they were W12 D3 L2 and had 39 points on the board. After 30 games they were still 8 points ahead 5th and still didn't make Top 4.

I think there's an opportunity this season but there's also a risk that we become this season's Leicester. It's a tough season in normal circumstances. Even more so with the fixture schedule this one. Maintaining approx. 2 points a game over 38 games will be really tough. Think the good start needs to continue up until Xmas. Need to be on 38-42 points after 19 games because I think the squad and the lack of depth may mean it's harder to accumulate points in the 2nd half of the season at the same rate.

5th or 6th. Might have a decent shot at 4th if we get lucky w/ very few injuries.

We’re still paperthin. We all agreed 8th or maybe sneaking that a Europa conference would be a success after last years disgrace.

But being realistic, we’re pinning a lot of our attacking creativity on James, who can be known for being a little bit fragile.

If we keep everyone fit, based on the start to the season being so unpredictable, we can push the limits of Top 4.

But we’d need United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all to be dodgy throughout and hope Leicester don’t cause issues.

But make no mistake we’re James, Doucoure and Allan injuries away from Davies, Sig and Gomes in the middle and that will kill us.

We’re still paperthin. We all agreed 8th or maybe sneaking that a Europa conference would be a success after last years disgrace.

But being realistic, we’re pinning a lot of our attacking creativity on James, who can be known for being a little bit fragile.

If we keep everyone fit, based on the start to the season being so unpredictable, we can push the limits of Top 4.

But we’d need United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all to be dodgy throughout and hope Leicester don’t cause issues.

But make no mistake we’re James, Doucoure and Allan injuries away from Davies, Sig and Gomes in the middle and that will kill us.

Top four.
I don't think anyone ever said top 8 would be success.

Let's see what the next week brings first.
But, if we could strengthen in a couple of places then somewhere between fourth and seventh.

For me, I would like somebody on the right hand side of midfield, for that something different on the days when the way we play just at the moment isn't working.

I feel like with the momentum we have created and the fact that Chelsea, City, United have all had early issues, that anything outside of top 4 would be disappointing. Yes, I know this is Everton, but it's time to put the ghosts of the past to bed. I'm over being happy with top 6. We want to compete with the best and that's why Carlo, James, Allan are here.

Let's not only go for it and lets expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.