Where do we need to improve ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't - not long-term.

We're currently going long as our midfield is non-existent when it comes to getting on the ball and controlling a game.

That's why a dominant midfielder is so important.
Been like this for weeks except for the final 15 minutes of today's game. Those minutes looked great. Amazing what we can do when a positive spin is presented. Even the big lazy was sweating and working it.

We're currently going long as our midfield is non-existent when it comes to getting on the ball and controlling a game.

MOTD highlighted it perfectly today.

Baines on the ball looking for options, so static, so easy to pick up, no connection from midfield to attack, Rom doing what hes best at, hanging on the shoulder of the last defender, half the team dont even see his runs.

Grim.

The way we play football.

Depends on who you play in that midfield?

Keeper, centre half, box-to-boxer, number 10 and a striker.

So basically a whole new spine.

for me only Baines, Williams, Barkley, Lukaku (who most likely will have gone anyway), Bolasie, Gana, Stek (reserve), Coleman and the younger players are worth retaining - maybe Deulofeu at a push

The rest can do one for one or another reason.
NGE - Robles, Kone* Niasse*, McGeady*, Cleverley*, RFM, Lennon
Unfit: Gibson*, Besic, Oviedo*, Macca*
OTT - Jags*, Barry
CBA Players: Mirallas and Geri

Get decent fees for RFM, Besic, Macca, Mirallas, Geri (perhaps a total of £40M-50M)

The ones that need to be shipped out - in the next 12-18 months - include Barry, Mirallas, Jags (or RFM) and a few other benchwarmers.
The ones to retain (above) are 8 starters and the kids - of those 8 senior players only Gana and Barkley (and perhaps Coleman) have a realistic chance of being first team material 3-4 years down the line (I'd expect Lukaku and Bolasie to be gone and the other three to be close to retired). So, in a nutshell, a whole new team is needed.

* = must go ASAP.

for me only Baines, Williams, Barkley, Lukaku (who most likely will have gone anyway), Bolasie, Gana, Stek (reserve), Coleman and the younger players are worth retaining - maybe Deulofeu at a push

The rest can do one for one or another reason.
NGE - Robles, Kone* Niasse*, McGeady*, Cleverley*, RFM, Lennon
Unfit: Gibson*, Besic, Oviedo*, Macca*
OTT - Jags*, Barry
CBA Players: Mirallas and Geri

The ones that need to be shipped out - in the next 12-18 months - include Barry, Mirallas, Jags (or RFM) and a few other benchwarmers.
The ones to retain (above) are 8 starters and the kids - of those 8 senior players only Gana and Barkley (and perhaps Coleman) have a realistic chance of being first team material 3-4 years down the line (I'd expect Lukaku and Bolasie to be gone and the other three to be close to retired). So, in a nutshell, a whole new team is needed.

* = must go ASAP.

Oh you lucky lucky boy, for a second there I thought Besic had an asterix.

Oh you lucky lucky boy, for a second there I thought Besic had an asterix.

Yep, the asterisked players are useless or wage stealers.. (Bryan is in both of the first two categories!!) or in the case of Macca not the player he was when he was fit. I just think Mo has glass legs sadly. The non-starred are less urgent but surely, for the reasons stated, need to move on.

Yep, the asterisked players are useless or wage stealers.. or in the case of Macca not the player he was when he was fit. I just think Mo has glass legs sadly. The non-starred are less urgent but surely, for the reasons stated, need to move on.

Big 6 months coming up for Mo in his Everton career, he needs to stay on track for a Feb return and take any scrap of a chance he gets between now and the end of the season, but clearly his most important focus has got to be to stay fit, sadly the 1 thing he cant control.

I'm coming to the conclusion that we need someone in Barry's place. We look rubbish when he doesn't play but we need some one in his position who is younger and offers far more.

A better keeper. Neither one we have is good enough.
A centre back to replace Jags. FM is too shaky.
Defensive mid to replace Barry. McCarthy isn't good enough and is on his way out.
A creative mid. Barkly isn't cutting it.
Striker back up.
A transfer miracle unless we really have the massive budget that was suspiciously absent in the summer. Step up Mr Walsh.

I've had a good long think about this and I think the data analysis has quite clearly identified the problem positions:

10312264_m-e1320778786931.jpg

Once we sort these I think we will be fine. :p

A goalkeeper and creative midfielder who doesn't blow hot and cold are the priorities though...

Just got back from the game...just talking to the lad next to me on what our biggest problems are and priorities in the up and coming transfer window.

For me it has to be in midfield as from what i saw today we are well short of quality especially attacking wise.

Others have looked at the CB situation and see issues and no useful back up for Rom there so if you were in charge what would you focus on ??

Been saying it for weeks;

All the players are bone 'kin idle mentally and physically.
We haven't got a system, that maximises the strengths(?)...but it wouldn't matter much anyway - see above
We haven't got a mid field system - Gana can't do it all on his own and Barry is struggling.
We haven't got any proper MF players to play in it if we did...which we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.