Where do we need to improve ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way we play football.

Depends on who you play in that midfield?

Not really mate.

Barry is the only player we have who is intelligent enough top get on the ball but he tires quickly and can't be relied upon every game. If he's up against a quick midfielder he's got no chance.

Gueye is excellent, but his role is to get around the park and break up play.

Barkley has shown no evidence he can do it.

McCarthy and Clevs. No.

Gibson, no.

Besic, maybe, could provide the legs with the ability to get on the ball, like he does for Bosnia, but he's injury prone.

We desperately need another player in there.

The spine needs improving.

Long term number 1 GK
Commanding CB
A 'destroyer' to partner Gana
Number ten
Either a partner or backup of good quality for Rom.

Been like this for weeks except for the final 15 minutes of today's game. Those minutes looked great. Amazing what we can do when a positive spin is presented. Even the big lazy was sweating and working it.

Aye, because we switched systems and Valencia was making those runs, pressing United's defence back.

United sat off and it gave us impetus. We played well when we changed the system.

If we're going to go more direct, we need somebody up there to help Rom out.

The long ball tactic baffled and angered me. It just didn't work. Especially since we were far to passive for 75 minutes yesterday, standing off and giving the opposition too much respect. If we are going to play that way. Then the Striker needs someone to hold the ball up for. But nearly every ball was to no one in particular. I've seen it a few times this season. So for starters we need a more aggressive style of play. Once we started having a go we look a far better team.

New goalkeeper
Two new CB's, replace Jags and Funes Mori
Competion for Coleman at right back.
Competition for Baines at left back
In midfield, keep Gueye and sign new players for all other postions.
Wingers, please get players who you see more often than once in every 5-6 games or so.
Two new strikers to take the pressure off Lukaku and add competition for him at the same time.

Sounds easy tbh.

1 New cb is enough. Jags and fm on the bench is good enough.
We have rb cover in holgate
We have lb cover in oviedo

To significantly strengthen, we're realistically looking at doing it over a few transfer windows, given how much clubs will be demanding for players.

Therefore, I think in January, the 2 key positions that we need to strengthen are up front (2nd striker), and a creative player in central midfield. I think we should be looking to bring in a player like Mata and then someone like Ighalo as a backup for Lukaku. I say someone like... because it's Koeman's job to spot the right player and i'm going off Ighalo's record last season. He doesn't seem to have played or scored much this season so it could be an awful shout lol. I would sooner Charlie Austin but I see no reason why he'd leave Southampton for us, so Ighalo would be more likely. Having said that, if we're still within touching distance of 6th or 7th in January, I see no reason why we can't be going for a better calibre of player given that there is a chance of European football.

Then in the summer, we need to bring in a top keeper, and centre half. Van Dijk seems the obvious choice at centre half, and the fact he's played under Koeman could lure him here, but realistically again, if the RS or Man United go in for him, we stand no chance. Would also go for Sigurdsson in the summer if Swansea are relgated, and then it will be time to spend the £60-£70m we get for Lukaku on 2 good strikers.

Most positions on the pitch but also in the stands. Players hate Goodison. Ruining young talent as well as everyone's confidence, awful support.

2 boss midfielders paired with Gana would turn this ship around. Maybe 1 great MF and a rotation of Barry/Barkley/Besic as appropriate. There's no service from back to front, and the defensive woes would be repaired somewhat with proper MF play. We don't have anyone (bar Lennon?) out wide or up front who can create links, so without the midfield we've got a front 3 and 2 CB playing without any direction or connection. This side is basically a talentless Brazil.

MOTD highlighted it perfectly today.

Baines on the ball looking for options, so static, so easy to pick up, no connection from midfield to attack, Rom doing what hes best at, hanging on the shoulder of the last defender, half the team dont even see his runs.

Grim.

Rom gets slated here, maybe often for grins, but he's not playing poorly and the woes are not his fault. Not sure if he received a single service yesterday in the box, and if he's playing target man then that's because at least he's arsed and the two wide players and two midfielders are playing dogshit football.

Rom gets slated here, maybe often for grins, but he's not playing poorly and the woes are not his fault. Not sure if he received a single service yesterday in the box, and if he's playing target man then that's because at least he's arsed and the two wide players and two midfielders are playing dogshit football.

I saw a touch map from the game yesterday regarding Lukaku, I sadly cant find it currently, but it showed him touch the ball once in Uniteds area.

Its clear he cant play the lone striker, Martinez tried and failed and Ronny is currently trying and failing, instead of trying to make him into something hes not, play to his god damn strengths, through balls, through balls, through balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.