Votes: 13 3.6%
  • Tony hibbert

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 48 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we need speedy/players with pace to attack defenders 1v1 or making runs down the thirds of the field

previous speedy players such as

-Deulofeu
-Drenthe
-Beckford
-Lennon
-Theo (way past his prime when he played for us)
-Atsu
-Andy Johnson

Richy tries to dribble past defenders with speed but is far too selfish most of the time..

we need speedy/players with pace to attack defenders 1v1 or making runs down the thirds of the field

-Deulofeu
-Drenthe
-Beckford
-Lennon
-Atsu
-Andy Johnson

Richy tries to dribble past defenders with speed but is far too selfish most of the time..
Iwobi has shown the odd glimpse of this, but I think it's more to do with how slow we are to transition from defence to attack. Instead of incisive clinical passing through the midfield, we fanny about like a Ray Wilkins/Gemma Collins love child. More crabs than love Island. Willing, intelligent runners up front, supplied by accurate, brave midfielders is whats needed imo.

It's gas. I didn't know our entire season was hanging on that game. Because before it everyone was talking Europe and its only a matter if its champions league or europa.

Its either champions league or bottom half each week depending if we have won or lost.

Consistency

That's the problem. Get result at Old Trafford, beat Leeds at Elland Road, beat Tottenham in FA Cup. Then lose to Fulham. Story of our season so far.

-Deulofeu
-Drenthe
-Beckford
-Lennon
-Atsu
-Andy Johnson

Every one of them players was Sh1te for us
(apart from Richarlison)

-Deulofeu
-Drenthe
-Beckford
-Lennon
-Atsu
-Andy Johnson

Yeah man, get Christian Atsu, Jermaine Beckford and Royston Drenthe back.

It’s a combination of strength in depth and too much deadwood, they’re one and the same for me. The keeper being part of that deadwood.

Every team gets injuries. Every team is of a similar fitness at this level (maybe except the formerly juiced up lot across the park) and formations don’t matter as much as having good players for me.

As for ‘Consistency’, I don’t really believe in that as a concept too much. The top teams are consistent because they’re the best. The bottom ones are consistently poor. Everyone else wins some, loses some, draws some. We fall in to that category - drawing at Old Trafford then losing at home to Fulham isn’t a lack of consistency for me, it’s just not being good enough to perform every week.

It’s a combination of strength in depth and too much deadwood, they’re one and the same for me. The keeper being part of that deadwood.

Every team gets injuries. Every team is of a similar fitness at this level (maybe except the formerly juiced up lot across the park) and formations don’t matter as much as having good players for me.

As for ‘Consistency’, I don’t really believe in that as a concept too much. The top teams are consistent because they’re the best. The bottom ones are consistently poor. Everyone else wins some, loses some, draws some. We fall in to that category - drawing at Old Trafford then losing at home to Fulham isn’t a lack of consistency for me, it’s just not being good enough to perform every week.

Yeah definitely. Lack of consistency comes into it when you go to Old Trafford, play them off the park to win 3-0 and then lose to Fulham the following week.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to anyone in this league. We're just that type of team who can make things very difficult for the top sides but also lack the quality to be a banker against those struggling in the bottom half.

Status
Not open for further replies.