• Other

Votes: 48 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad lacks balance and depth imo.

For example. . .
we've got 1 real right back an he's aging,
off the top of my head I can only think 1 left footed player in the whole squad, ludicrous.
we've only got one midfielder that has the physicality to get up and down the pitch, 1 real creative spark in James.

Too many positions with no like for like replacements and some positions with no players at all, pffft... we've got no genuine wingers, zero, absolutely criminal considering both Dom and Richy are great in the air.

I could go on but it depresses me, we're just starting to recover from previous failed managerial/DOF regimes and so hopefully over the next couple of seasons we can keep progressing stick with Carlo and build a balanced squad capable of bringing success to the club.

I went other . Other being not just a lack of pace in the middle but actually having delph , siggy, davies , Gomes as options . Having one of any of them means their partner must be a gana type , fast, fit and hard working. Our trouble is that we have to play two of these in the Cm and all it takes is a 1-2 from the other team and they are baring down on our defence and the team loses all shape and they are so slow they can’t get goal side again. Also means they are scared to go forward because they are fully aware that as soon as possession is lost they literally cannot track back and cover.

Our biggest problem is that we have too many problems.

(a) there is no balance in the squad,
(b) we are struggling to find a style of play that suits us,
(c) no leadership on the pitch when things are going against us,
(d) our mental attitude is wrong, and
(e) we carry too many passengers.

Having said all that I don’t think we need a complete overall to correct things, if we were to rid ourselves of 3 or 4 who are not making a significant contribution to winning games and replace them with players of skill and heart then I feel we would be close to the finished article and be capable of competing of top 4 and or cups. Problem is we won’t get anywhere near enough money from selling to cover bringing in better players, over to you Mr Moshiri and your very deep pockets.

The main problem is:
Pace, we have 0 in midfield, no matter who we pick.
After that it creativity. Only James
Finally it’s finishing, anything over 6 yards is a no go or DCL. 1 on 1 forget about it.
Finally it’s the mentality of most of the players.

Midfield, every single one of them are too slow, teams with any bit of pace about them cut us to shreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.