Votes: 13 3.6%
  • Tony hibbert

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 48 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two major factors impacting performance are, in my opinion, the epidemic of Potty Syndrome plaguing our players, and the Finch Farm cafeteria's menu.
The former is difficult to resolve as it has so many moving parts. Homesickness is indeed a tricky one, although, as Snail (Keane) demonstrated in overcoming his affliction, sometimes it can be easily fixed as simply getting your mum to send you your old crusty teenage mattress to sleep on.
And the FF menu?...it's all been a little too much of a 'throw options against a wall and see what sticks" strategy...a strategy which has seen the fat lovers' (like Tubby Ashley, BFS and Fatty Koeman) dish of choice (the all day full English breakfast option) replaced by man-boob creating vegan fare...just waaaay too much soy in my opinion which adversely impacts a bloke's testosterone production and turns him into a mammoth sissy. We have too many sissies lacing up boots if you ask me. Now, I appreciate in these LGBTVQ 'delicate' times, one has to be a little sensitive around all this stuff, but men who i would choose to go into battle for me, would not be ones who have to wear a bra!
Anyway, just thought I'd throw these ideas out there...hopefully they stimulate some discussion around, what is, a very important issue impacting our club.

I thought it was tactics and it looks like we are not attacking enough, now I realise that it’s because we have no players who can pass forward.
Everything is sideways and backwards and that’s why a relegation team can put us under so much pressure and under the cosh.
Lack of CF cover when most teams have 4 CF in a squad, is unforgivable.

Bottle! It’s been our primary problem since Big Joe assembled his warriors. Of the current crop, only Ben looks like he would have cut the mustard with Joe Royle, the rest of them have the strange trait of being cack when they should actually play well.

Last night happens because the squad isn't good enough to compete game in game out after two emotional games against top teams preceding two more.

The arc is upward overall. One more summer of incomings with unloading deadwood and we will continue upward.
100% agree that we mustn’t give up hope just because the current lot throw the towel in now and then. Once Carlo had another summer window under his belt we can start being spidey, but right now, we still carry too many cowards in the ranks.

I thought it was tactics and it looks like we are not attacking enough, now I realise that it’s because we have no players who can pass forward.
Everything is sideways and backwards and that’s why a relegation team can put us under so much pressure and under the cosh.
Lack of CF cover when most teams have 4 CF in a squad, is unforgivable.
Keane showed up the midfield by playing some very good forward passes. unfortunately it was mostly to holgate.

The two major factors impacting performance are, in my opinion, the epidemic of Potty Syndrome plaguing our players, and the Finch Farm cafeteria's menu.
The former is difficult to resolve as it has so many moving parts. Homesickness is indeed a tricky one, although, as Snail (Keane) demonstrated in overcoming his affliction, sometimes it can be easily fixed as simply getting your mum to send you your old crusty teenage mattress to sleep on.
And the FF menu?...it's all been a little too much of a 'throw options against a wall and see what sticks" strategy...a strategy which has seen the fat lovers' (like Tubby Ashley, BFS and Fatty Koeman) dish of choice (the all day full English breakfast option) replaced by man-boob creating vegan fare...just waaaay too much soy in my opinion which adversely impacts a bloke's testosterone production and turns him into a mammoth sissy. We have too many sissies lacing up boots if you ask me. Now, I appreciate in these LGBTVQ 'delicate' times, one has to be a little sensitive around all this stuff, but men who i would choose to go into battle for me, would not be ones who have to wear a bra!
Anyway, just thought I'd throw these ideas out there...hopefully they stimulate some discussion around, what is, a very important issue impacting our club.
Tubby Ashley was on the touchline for the match yesterday for BT Sports...coincidence? I think not!

Thought the were toxic and the problem though? Our home record has kept us in the league at times in recent seasons. That's a heavy record that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210215-201159.png
    Screenshot_20210215-201159.png
    440.9 KB · Views: 60
Severe lack of pace and energy through the team hurts us a lot. Mentioned it in the match thread but that midfield yesterday has to be one of the slowest fielded in the league. James, Gomes and Gylfi all extremely slow, Davies isn’t exactly quick himself, neither is Doucoure. Teams that press us and play with a little tempo when in possession kill us. There is still a lot of work to be done and too much deadwood in the squad. Even when we were grinding results I don’t think we looked too impressive but 3 points is 3 points. We were never keeping that up for the rest of the season.

I’ve heard all of these discussed as reasons for our disappointing performances.
After next weekend we head into a run of tough games.
Is it solvable?
The biggest problem is playing football......
Most of the league is unpredictable due to the number of games and toll on players. I think we can conclude the squad is too thin and if we happened to get CL we will need to beef it up. If we get Europa we would still need to but it does not really pay does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.