Votes: 13 3.6%
  • Tony hibbert

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 48 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentallity 100%. But its not just the players. Its the fans aswell. Reading match day threads in the build up to games i often just shake my head at the cockiness of some who think we just have to go onto the pitch and its in the bag.
I genuinely think as a club, players and fans, we underestimate teams that come to Goodison with pure ignorance.
Earn the fcking points first then crow about it.
Yeah have to agree with that. We don't half set ourselves up for a fall at times.

Mentallity 100%. But its not just the players. Its the fans aswell. Reading match day threads in the build up to games i often just shake my head at the cockiness of some who think we just have to go onto the pitch and its in the bag.
I genuinely think as a club, players and fans, we underestimate teams that come to Goodison with pure ignorance.
Earn the fcking points first then crow about it.
We have a reactive style, and it makes you passive in the long run. One thing is to lie low against Manchester City, and fight for your life. Most players understand the argument here. Another thing is to do about the same against Fulham. It sucks the motivation out of the players. Menatlity is really quite simple. If you act reactively over a long period of time, and the rationale for it is unfounded, then you will be passive. You become what you train for.

We have a reactive style, and it makes you passive in the long run. One thing is to lie low against Manchester City, and fight for your life. Most players understand the argument here. Another thing is to do about the same against Fulham. It sucks the motivation out of the players. Menatlity is really quite simple. If you act reactively over a long period of time, and the rationale for it is unfounded, then you will be passive. You become what you train for.

I wouldnt argue with that but id also add individual thing. Not hide so much but willing to accept defeat by rolling over. If we lose going down fighting i will begrudgingly take that on the chin. Everton have recruited to many who will do the the first one.
Lots of issues with quality still, no pace through the middle, keeper, fullbacks.
But dont ever roll over. Pisses me off more than anything else.

The issue is with the midfield.
Yup, there is no graft in there. Slow decision making and little awareness of who is where.
Playing other players in who are tightly marked running into blind alleys, dreadful passing.
( not James, but he not a miracle worker)

If we need intensity, then reverting back to what Dunc put in place has to be the answer, 442.

The back four is the 4 cbs, Digne Left mid, Iwobi Right and Davis Doucoure in the middle with King up front alongside Richarlison in DCLs absence.

Rodriguez cannot play on the wings, he's been found out. He can play off a forward.

Hope and expectation are our biggest problem. The fans anyway. Always has been. Always will be.

What the precise problem with the team is I've no idea and frankly, right at this moment, I'm not sure I even care.

I can see us putting in 2 gutsy performances against City and the RS and getting positive results in both. But the one thing I feel I can cast iron guarantee right now is that they'll do this to us again this season.
I get you. We’ve all had too many barren seasons and false dawns to believe we are on the cusp. But I’ve seen definite progress this year. The coming of age of dcl, the athleticism of doucoure and Godfrey, the extra quality of james and Allan. The pedigree of Carlo. Sod it. I take it back. We are on the cusp.

I get you. We’ve all had too many barren seasons and false dawns to believe we are on the cusp. But I’ve seen definite progress this year. The coming of age of dcl, the athleticism of doucoure and Godfrey, the extra quality of james and Allan. The pedigree of Carlo. Sod it. I take it back. We are on the cusp.
The have been definite green shoots this year. Think we’ll have to take a few more frustrations on the chin but hopefully it will be worth it.

I get you. But then last night happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.