What did Ancelotti really say to Referee Kavanagh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was responding to someone who claimed VAR was a yank thing...you just repeated what I said and I wasn’t promoting it... :rolleyes:

No worries, it's all good.

As for the angry man with yank issues...Well I’m not sure how to reply to that...not my battle :cool:

Eeh. In the morning he can have a nice fry-up, with bubbles and squeak and some Daddies' Sauce, and he'll be fine. I'll just toddle on my obese way over here and shoot some stuff with guns.

Mad that the ref sent Ancelotti off because he couldn’t answer the question he was being asked because he didn’t have the balls to show some initiative and have a look at it himself at the time. What an absolute shambles the officiating and the personalities that are encouraged in this game are.

We should report that ref if he did tell Carlo to "disappear" after a simple request for some information.

This respect campaign they've been running for years should be abided by the referees as well. If he didn't want to explain it on the pitch, he could have told so in a much better manner. He could have even claimed ignorance as it wasn't even his decision. To just straight up tell a manager to disappear after being asked to clarify a decision that's just cost his team 2 points is just laughable.

Just shows what a little spineless runt he is.

Yep, I’m as baffled as you at the decision. But it was obviously something Moss ‘seen’ and had his opinion on it, the fault was then it not being reviewed at the pitch side monitor, which they are strangely told not to use.
The pitchside monitor is there to let the match official review the event needing scrutiny, which is exactly how it should be. VAR was only meant for ' clear and obvious' oversights. Fans in the stadia would see everything the match official sees, courtesy of the giant screens in the ground, in real time. And the Refs association certainly don't want that.
I have to ask though, who wants to do a job where some faceless clown can tell you that you are not capable of doing said job correctly? In public as well.
There are only 2 grounds in the Premier which do not have said Giant screens. Yup, you guessed it, Old Trafford and Analfield. Coincidence? I think not, but more to ensure their that their 'darlings' remain a major force for marketing revenues.
Instead of telling those two clubs to conform, Mike Riley, the most inept referee of his generation, saw this instead as a means to close up further the already closed shop for match officials and to introduce a smoke screen to muddy the waters. This band of 'brothers' in their clandestine lodge are the ultimate self preservation society. I ask, which other profession employs additional staff when introducing technology?
VAR is not really wrong, but the incompetence of those in charge is breathtaking. These people do not have an embarrassment level.
What it will mean is VAR is here to stay, and the attending fan is totally irrelevant.

The pitchside monitor is there to let the match official review the event needing scrutiny, which is exactly how it should be. VAR was only meant for ' clear and obvious' oversights. Fans in the stadia would see everything the match official sees, courtesy of the giant screens in the ground, in real time. And the Refs association certainly don't want that.
I have to ask though, who wants to do a job where some faceless clown can tell you that you are not capable of doing said job correctly? In public as well.
There are only 2 grounds in the Premier which do not have said Giant screens. Yup, you guessed it, Old Trafford and Analfield. Coincidence? I think not, but more to ensure their that their 'darlings' remain a major force for marketing revenues.
Instead of telling those two clubs to conform, Mike Riley, the most inept referee of his generation, saw this instead as a means to close up further the already closed shop for match officials and to introduce a smoke screen to muddy the waters. This band of 'brothers' in their clandestine lodge are the ultimate self preservation society. I ask, which other profession employs additional staff when introducing technology?
VAR is not really wrong, but the incompetence of those in charge is breathtaking. These people do not have an embarrassment level.
What it will mean is VAR is here to stay, and the attending fan is totally irrelevant.
The lack of any accountability level of someone miles away looking at TV replays is astounding in this day. Its almost like drone pilots!

Two thoughts:

-Should it have been a VAR question anyway? Siggy getting flattened by AWB is the kind of call VAR is for- did he foul or not. But the offside call, there’s not any doubt about what happened on the pitch, it’s not like they didn’t see something. It’s a rules interpretation question, right? You still hear everyone arguing about the rule. Is this what VAR is for? Don’t think so.

-I generally don’t go too far with this stuff, but while Maguire and DDG were screaming at the ref, why wasn’t out captain over there doing the same? I don’t know who it was after Coleman left. Maybe it won’t matter but FFS make it harder for them to reverse i, yes? On that score good for Carlo, at least he got his money’s worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.