Transfer Rumour Weston McKennie

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really weren't young guys at that point though. By the time 2014 rolled around the midfield options were Bradley, Beckerman, Jones, Bedoya and Diskerud. The generation that was supposed to come through around them totally flamed out.

However the generation coming through now isn't flaming out, and Bradley should be done now.

I like Bob though. He did a lot with a little. He would never have missed qualification with Pulisic in the side.
Well i was thinking when he wasn't playing so well you had Feilhaber and Kljestan who could easily have adopted to his role. If you wanted to try different attacking options and wingers.

Jose Torres i remember was useful but seemingly playing in Mexico made it tough to break into that squad. He was lucky to make the 2010 World Cup squad if i remember correctly.

Well i was thinking when he wasn't playing so well you had Feilhaber and Kljestan who could easily have adopted to his role. If you wanted to try different attacking options and wingers.

Jose Torres i remember was useful but seemingly playing in Mexico made it tough to break into that squad. He was lucky to make the 2010 World Cup squad if i remember correctly.
I liked Feilhaber. Kljestan not so much. Regardless at that point Bradley was playing, albeit sparingly, for teams like Roma and M'Gladbach. I thought he was one of the better national team players at that point too.

The 2010 tournament he was solid enough and if we'd stuck with Edu partnering him I think we'd have made the quarters. Ricardo Clark's 35 minutes or so against Ghana are sneakily among the worst ever played at that tournament.

I liked Feilhaber. Kljestan not so much. Regardless at that point Bradley was playing, albeit sparingly, for teams like Roma and M'Gladbach. I thought he was one of the better national team players at that point too.

The 2010 tournament he was solid enough and if we'd stuck with Edu partnering him I think we'd have made the quarters. Ricardo Clark's 35 minutes or so against Ghana are sneakily among the worst ever played at that tournament.
Like i said i don't think he was a bad player. Not a fan of Bob though but do agree like you said worked with nothing got good results with some teams.

On a personal note i know Kljestan haha! Nice guy. Not why i mentioned him though haha!

Someone mentioned this fella the other month, so I took the liberty of observing him vs Werder Bremen. Looked a tidy player, nothing special, but got around the pitch well and got stuck in. His midfield opposition was Klaasen though

Status
Not open for further replies.