Transfer Rumour Weston McKennie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what we need, an injury-prone midfielder who doesn't score or create.
Well the injury prone stuff is a worry but he does tackle and defend which is also something we need.

I have to be honest if we're looking for a partner for Gomes that's the kind to get. If we're looking for a replacement for Gomes that is when I'd start to take into account what they do going forward.

Fwiw, the numbers are similar to Kante. Not as good as Kante, not bad either, but similar in what skills he brings. I would like a Kante.

Well the injury prone stuff is a worry but he does tackle and defend which is also something we need.

I have to be honest if we're looking for a partner for Gomes that's the kind to get. If we're looking for a replacement for Gomes that is when I'd start to take into account what they do going forward.

Fwiw, the numbers are similar to Kante. Not as good as Kante, not bad either, but similar in what skills he brings. I would like a Kante.

Kante has been garbo for 2 seasons now.

Michael Bradley was easily the best American CM when Bob was coach and deserved to be picked. The fact that since 2014 he still gets picked every game is why we have problems.

Not that him being the clear best guy in 2010 was a good state of affairs.
I never said he wasn't. The other guy i responded to said that. I said Bob was overrated. Sorry i added a too when it was necessary. So i see where it may have thought that's what i was saying.

My point was that during Bob's time his son had his struggles at club football and still got picked. When there were some good young guys coming through too. He didn't have to play every game.

Whoooooo?
He plays for RB Leipzig. He's a ball winning midfielder (actually though, unlike the guys we have in there who supposedly do right now) who gives you enough on the ball to live with it because of the ball winning stuff. He'd be decent next to Gomes and him and Gbamin could be an absolute wall.

Kante has been garbo for 2 seasons now.
He plays for RB Leipzig. He's a ball winning midfielder (actually though, unlike the guys we have in there who supposedly do right now) who gives you enough on the ball to live with it because of the ball winning stuff. He'd be decent next to Gomes and him and Gbamin could be an absolute wall.
Thanks for the education, never heard of him .

Ancelotti said he thinks he'll be ready for start of next season which is apparently in September. 2+2 does = 4 in this case.

Ah I didn't see that. Did he say exactly that? He will know more than most, but it is surprising. Great news if true.

I never said he wasn't. The other guy i responded to said that. I said Bob was overrated. Sorry i added a too when it was necessary. So i see where it may have thought that's what i was saying.

My point was that during Bob's time his son had his struggles at club football and still got picked. When there were some good young guys coming through too. He didn't have to play every game.
There really weren't young guys at that point though. By the time 2014 rolled around the midfield options were Bradley, Beckerman, Jones, Bedoya and Diskerud. The generation that was supposed to come through around them totally flamed out.

However the generation coming through now isn't flaming out, and Bradley should be done now.

I like Bob though. He did a lot with a little. He would never have missed qualification with Pulisic in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.