West Ham v Everton. Saturday 22 April, 3.00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly why I'm not worried about Lukaku or Barkley leaving. None of the champions league teams would want either of them. Lukaku has an appalling first touch, he can't pass, he can't hold the ball up and he he doesn't turn up in big games, which for clubs challenging for the league that is every game. If Lukaku was playing for Arsenal or Chelsea today he would be getting abused on the phone ins. Barkley is another player who doesn't turn up in big games, plus I don't think he has the mental strength needed to get to the level of someone like Dele Ali. He always comes across and a nice lad, who has quite a low self esteem for a player of his standard. The truth is Conte wouldn't put up with Lukakus nonsense, and I don't think many of the top clubs would want Barkley as he just hasn't fully developed as a player yet. With regards to the general performance, I feel the venue had a huge impact on our players, as they just didn't seem to be charged up like they were at Old Trafford. This is why I feel in pre season we need to play top teams away such as Porto or PSV, just to get the players ready for coming back for the premier league season.

Well, we'll get some competitive friendlies in late July already by the looks of it. :)

It was dire. No disguising that. Against a poor West ham team. At least the manager acknowledged that. It was a bit weird seeing so many good players out of form at the same time when they've been playing well lately.
we've been playing well against teams with nothing to play for. the moment we play a team with any skin in the game we fall flat. there are no battlers in that team

Can anyone explain who's suspended for the next game(s) now? The presenter said Ashley Williams received his fifth yellow card and Barry and Ghana got their tenth so I counted with all three being suspended for the next one or two games, respectively.

None of them.

The cut off point for a 1 game bane 5 yellow cards was 31st December and for 2 games for 10 yellows was the 2nd Sunday in April.

Well that was pretty dire. The worse the oppo, the worse we play......
So little penetration down the wings at the moment forces us to the centre where most teams are quite strong or at least have lots of bodies in the way. Got to move that ball on faster somehow.
Met a group of Blues come all the way from Bangkok for that!!! Hopefully they will se us do better next week against Chelsea. That stadium is rubbish for football.

...I've not been but it certainly sounds like we need to learn a lesson from that.

No bloody circular stadiums! I learnt rectangles don't fit into circles when I was in nursery.

grm.0912.fea6.jpg

If their keeper had walked in the first half for his knee-high, studs-up challenge on Mirallas it would have been a very different game. Even more so if the penalty had been given for Collins trying to tear Williams' shirt off his back. I cannot comprehend how the ref missed both of these incidents.

If their keeper had walked in the first half for his knee-high, studs-up challenge on Mirallas it would have been a very different game. Even more so if the penalty had been given for Collins trying to tear Williams' shirt off his back. I cannot comprehend how the ref missed both of these incidents.
Shame Mike Dean wasn't reffing, it would definitely have been given.

Status
Not open for further replies.