We must never leave Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we should. It's falling down. It's not ground that makes the atmosphere it's the fans. Granted lets not go 2nd best like Kirkby but if kings dock type thing came up grab it. Better ground, more money, it's progression. Goodison will always have a place in history but if we can lets create a new history.

As much as I love goodison, it did annoy me when looking for seats for the united game online, there where over 1,000 left but they where all restricted view so I didnt bother.
Its a shame they cant spend 1 or 2 million to strengthen the current stands by installing alternative structual supports which dont impare on the viewing public,
This can be done and it will be relativly cheap compared to a new stand.

As much as I love goodison, it did annoy me when looking for seats for the united game online, there where over 1,000 left but they where all restricted view so I didnt bother.
Its a shame they cant spend 1 or 2 million to strengthen the current stands by installing alternative structual supports which dont impare on the viewing public,
This can be done and it will be relativly cheap compared to a new stand.

To remove all of those posts we would effectively be building a new stadium, and alternative supports require more land.

To remove all of those posts we would effectively be building a new stadium, and alternative supports require more land.

Everyone is always so eager to present inaccurate or phantom obstacles to any solution that is put forward. Sheffield United removed the obstructions in their Brammal Lane stand without acquiring any new land, and Brammal Lane has less width than Bullens Road or Gwladys Street.

We will have people referring to 'right to light' legislation next.

We will never upgrade or manage to move to a new bigger stadium than Goodison while this Board is around anyway (another lick of Paint being the best can hope for) and they look like being around for Many many Years yet so not to worry

Agree with much of what's been said, we must never leave GP. It could be rebuilt stand by stand if the desire and money was there, those homes that adorn Goodison Road, for example, could easily be bought up just like LFC are doing with Anfield. Yes, it wouldn't be fair on the occupants, especially if they're blues themselves but it happens all the time when new buildings need the space. The answer is not to build a soulless concrete bowl or whatever somewhere else a la Kirkby that opposition teams would love to play at becuase of the spaciousness of it and inevitable lack of atmosphere. It's still quite unbelievable a lot of people wanted that to happen initially, the fan vote did go in its favour remember

I "finally" look to be making my first ever visit to a match in late March if all goes well. I look forward to seeing every inch of Goodison. I obviously can only go by what I see on television but hearing all of you old timers talking about it's history reminds me of what we had with Tiger Stadium in Detroit which I got to experience growing up. There were poles in front of various seats and the view wasn't the best from various others but the atmosphere when we were winning was awesome. I was sad to see Tiger Stadium go down but it remains in my heart forever.

I guess I will have more of a right to make my opinion after my first visit. I know I am excited from all the matches I have seen on television over the years along with all the great comments by all of you each weekend. :)

We need a new stadium with plenty of room for expansion should the need arise.
To try and redevelop goodison would be very expensive and require mass cpo's taking years if not decades to see through.
Not to mention the loss of gate revenue whilst this work is being carried out.

We need a new stadium with plenty of room for expansion should the need arise.
To try and redevelop goodison would be very expensive and require mass cpo's taking years if not decades to see through.
Not to mention the loss of gate revenue whilst this work is being carried out.

Waiting for this non-existent magical new site will also take decades, it will also be prohibitively expensive.

If you want to increase capacity then put another tier on the Park End, as there is more than ample room to do so.

If you are more concerned with improving the match day experience of thousands of fans, then replace the Gwladys and Bullens Road roofs with a new structure that has no obstructions, a la Sheffield United. It took Sheffield united one summer to sort that one out, and I doubt it cost them billions. I don't know if it would be possible to replace the Main Stand roof, but if it was then we should do it.

But we all know that improving Goodison is not on the boards agenda, as it would decrease their need for a move, and therefore weaken their argument for their next hairbrained new stadium scheme that is doomed to failure.

would never want to leave goodison , everything about it is magical , i would welcome it being upgraded but would never want a move

An ideal solution would be a new 45,000 stadium right in the heart of the city with the same close, cramped bear-pit atmosphere of Goodison.

If goodison was ever knocked down for good, imagine how much soul would be taken out of the area. The stadium towers above the rows of old houses.

It's shame we'll never have any money. The school and two streets of housing could be knocked down, stadium rebuilt, incorporating both a school and possibly accommodation.

I remember walking round the outside of the Jose Avalade and seeing pretty much a sports complex built into the stadium, Kung fu classes, trampolines, and swimming all going on and accessible from outside of the stadium. The new goodison could be the centre of a regenerated community. Jobs would be created, and more importantly Everton FC will be at the centre, a family club in the community.

With a sustainable business model, Everton could be financially sound.

The RS would fade away.

Status
Not open for further replies.