We miss Gareth Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin looked like a younger, quicker and better Barry last season. We defo miss that classy, disciplined, comfortable and clever on and off the ball type of holding mid. But tbf, did anyone in their wildest dreams envisage Schneiderlin being this crap this season?
no one could of, he was quality last season, and barry is a one footed fossilized tortoise

We should have moved heaven and earth to keep him. He still has more guile and positional discipline than any of our midfield. Just the player our current position requires. Of all the 30+ year old players we could and should have binned in the summer, we let the only one with any quality go.
I take the point and he WAS a decent player - but.
It's more of a measure how low we've sunk after spunking the Lukaku money on 3 players, that there are calls for...if only Barry, McCarthy and Barkley were back...read those names again it DOES NOT say Ball, Kendall and 'kin Harvey

What, IMHO, we need is not a 'this type' of MF-er, or 'that type' of MF-er, or a Defensive MF-er.
But a compelte Mid Field Unit, one that acts and plays as a whole.
Not 3, 4, 5 separate units, some doing bits of this job, some doing bits of that job etc.

Just sayin like.

I take the point and he WAS a decent player - but.
It's more of a measure how low we've sunk after spunking the Lukaku money on 3 players, that there are calls for...if only Barry, McCarthy and Barkley were back...read those names again it DOES NOT say Ball, Kendall and 'kin Harvey

What, IMHO, we need is not a 'this type' of MF-er, or 'that type' of MF-er, or a Defensive MF-er.
But a compelte Mid Field Unit, one that acts and plays as a whole.
Not 3, 4, 5 separate units, some doing bits of this job, some doing bits of that job etc.

Just sayin like.
Spot on wish my keyboard skills allowed me such voice

Status
Not open for further replies.