2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can see it from that POV, his position is not worth the wage. I just think top scorer from last season, was doing fine until allardyce turned up, has winning experience we can't really attract, is such a big name that he could help us attract better signings, and could teach all our youngsters a lot - these advantages outweigh what we'll gain.

I think he'd be fine playing a bit part role next season, but he'd then be out of contract (not that that matters if we're not getting a fee anyway), but yeah, do we need to be paying that much wages for a squad rotation option? Not really, that should be what we pay our best player.

Agree on this. It's what should have happened ideally.

End of the day, when we signed him it was that "name" we thought would open doors, change perceptions etc. Didn't happen

He will be remembered as a great of the game regardless. And rightfully so.

Just not for his time at Everton.

In the uk people will always rate him but I don't think he will receive the plaudits he would have if he played for real or Barca etc

They were talking about bale and his trophies etc rooney would have been remebered as a great of the game if he went to real or Barca when he left us .
Oh, for sure he would, just like he is in England. But if he moved today, he wouldnt hang in Spain either.

In the uk people will always rate him but I don't think he will receive the plaudits he would have if he played for real or Barca etc

5 premier league titles, a champs league and a load of other trophies.

One of the most talented English players of our generation.

I think his legacy is just fine.

Who is getting rinsed? He has a single year left and DC will be paying most of his wages. It’s not like we were going to get a transfer fee.

So no transfer fee, we are still paying a chunk of his wages. And he comes back here as a coach. We treat him like he a club legend. He isn’t. He is a man that supports us and jibbed us off, by handing in a transfer request the day before the window closed, kissied the United badge when he scored against us, came back to us but wouldn’t take a pay cut, and even when he leaves us, still won’t take a pay cut.

He isn’t an Everton legend, he is a united legend. He saw us as a final pay check, and it hasn’t worked out, so now is going somewhere else for a final pay check, but we have to pay him for the privilege of him leaving.

Can’t wait for us to welcome Barkley back as a legend in 10 years time.

I didn't say it did!

There are loads of players out there who have been model professionals out there. I would just prefer that type of player associated with my club that's all.

I do care about drink driving. Its one of the things that can boil my pee. Especially people who can afford to get a cab!

Nobody on here actually likes drink drivers, we all think its bad. Its just not our business. The law will deal with them.

I really dont want to know about the personal life of players or staff.

Nobody on here actually likes drink drivers, we all think its bad. Its just not our business. The law will deal with them.

I really dont want to know about the personal life of players or staff.

Neither do I but that's modern society. Can't really avoid it.

..i’ll mention it in the pub tomorrow and it won’t go down well. Also, when they start talking about Ramos, i’ll say; snide, dives for penalties, deliberately injuring opposition players, influencing referees - Gerrard.

also try - great to see the greatest english midielder of recent times getting a job at a former top club, reckon derby will get promoted?

Status
Not open for further replies.