2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played mostly in the forward roles when he scored the majority of his goals

And sure you could say he's been surrounded by [Poor language removed], same way I can say the other players have been surrounding he who is [Poor language removed]

Fair enough mate.

Lets agree to disagree, you hate him and want him gone.

I think the lengths people go to to defend him is sad myself. He’s done nothing at all to warrant hero worship from us. Him leaving should be treated as just another squad player going out the door. But of course, he’s a local lad so people treat any dissenting opinion of him as a personal attack on themselves.

Who is worshiping him like a hero??

Ive not see anyone other than bill kenwright do that.

Came back, had a few good games (WHU at home springs to mind), then later on in the season he wandered around the pitch constantly giving the ball away.

As part of the worst European campaign by any UK team, ever. The least said about our European efforts the better, get shut and move on.
I just meant more that he actually got to opportunity to as he didn't during his first stint.

It boils down to what he can offer on the pitch.

Ultimately going forward, he may well not offer us enough to justify the wage, so I'm happy to get rid.

Yeah, I can see it from that POV, his position is not worth the wage. I just think top scorer from last season, was doing fine until allardyce turned up, has winning experience we can't really attract, is such a big name that he could help us attract better signings, and could teach all our youngsters a lot - these advantages outweigh what we'll gain.

I think he'd be fine playing a bit part role next season, but he'd then be out of contract (not that that matters if we're not getting a fee anyway), but yeah, do we need to be paying that much wages for a squad rotation option? Not really, that should be what we pay our best player.

It boils down to what he can offer on the pitch.

Ultimately going forward, he may well not offer us enough to justify the wage, so I'm happy to get rid.
Nail and head.

On that amount of money, you can`t have a player on wages like his, playing a bit part.

As much as I like him, the money on his wages could be better spent elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.