Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't want us to pay anything more than a £10m transfer fee. 75k a week at most in wages, 1 year rolling contract. If that wasn't good enough then no thanks.

He's been a fantastic player but he's nearing the end of his career, and I don't want him here just collecting a wage after giving his best years to that lot.

If that creative midfielder doesn't develop for us in the summer(what's the MATA) I would take him with open arms. I suppose he will do China for the pay day at least for one year before us but you never know. If he doesn't set the world alight with us then he could be Shanghai bound for the big pay day. I think he would push us into the top four.

I am not convinced by the 'backward step' viewpoint, we'd be signing a bit of guile and quality plus I think he'd be 100% committed every game. It's not like when we signed Ginola or Gazza, it's more a Peter Reid signing.
I don't think it will happen, but if it does it needs to be now, or it will be a 'what if' for years to come.

Considering how Koeman prefers a high energy, high tempo side full of athletes, I can't imagine a fat old man being on his wish list ( however talented he used to be back in the day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.