Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could easily make this happen. He could easily play for 80k a week at what he still calls his club. He could easily enhance his status as one of the greats of English football.

But he wont because he is solely motivated by money. Had to laugh at Shearers 50 quid a week comment. This fella held United to ransom twice. He will hugely regret not coming back at some point later in his life. But we are better off without him at the time being. If you can't play for the team you supposedly love for 80 or 90k a week then that says a lot about your character.

For what it's worth....

I'd welcome him back.
At the right price.

Once a blue... always a blue.
Hopefully he'd make the deal easier for us.
The same 'blue' that kissed the United badge at Everton. I'm sorry we are aiming for the champions league, rooney's performances of the last 18 months wouldn't warrant selection for Everton, let alone United. We need players in the prime of their career or very promising talents to bridge the gap that exists. Signing Rooney would not aid our cause.

I'd like him back but like people are saying it would have to be soon

Surely he would want to finish his career at his boyhood club while still on a respectable wage .. he won't leave the u.k. like people have said he's very grounded here and has massive family ties

He could easily make this happen. He could easily play for 80k a week at what he still calls his club. He could easily enhance his status as one of the greats of English football.

But he wont because he is solely motivated by money. Had to laugh at Shearers 50 quid a week comment. This fella held United to ransom twice. He will hugely regret not coming back at some point later in his life. But we are better off without him at the time being. If you can't play for the team you supposedly love for 80 or 90k a week then that says a lot about your character.

Not even mentioning the stupid transfer fee we'd have to pay. They would want to recoup most of what they actually paid for him, 12 years on, after he's massively declined. Nah, you're alright.

We are supposed to be moving forward ie Bringing in a top manager and a DOF rebuilding the squad, building a new stadium,looking to play in europe. Signing a 34 year old no matter what he has achieved in his career is not a thing we should be looking at.Coaching the next Rooney from are ranks should be what we are looking at .

Be interesting to have a poll on this and see what the split is, I'd say 70/30 against?
Mods. ... can we have a poll attached to this thread?

We are supposed to be moving forward ie Bringing in a top manager and a DOF rebuilding the squad, building a new stadium,looking to play in europe. Signing a 34 year old no matter what he has achieved in his career is not a thing we should be looking at.Coaching the next Rooney from are ranks should be what we are looking at .
He's 31 and still a good player,and you will not see another one,if he comes here he improves the team straight away also he would be a great influence on Barkley and Davies.

The same 'blue' that kissed the United badge at Everton. I'm sorry we are aiming for the champions league, rooney's performances of the last 18 months wouldn't warrant selection for Everton, let alone United. We need players in the prime of their career or very promising talents to bridge the gap that exists. Signing Rooney would not aid our cause.

I cannot deny what you've posted. Club first, and foremost.
I'd like to think that naivety due to his age would be a mitigating factor. As supporters we all want success.

Status
Not open for further replies.