Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rooney ever signed, the media wouldn't start caring about Everton, they'd stop caring about Wayne Rooney.

Take away all the sentiment over Rooney for a moment. And all that's left is a rapidly declining player who would come nowhere near to justifying the huge wages he'd need, and struggle to nail down a position in our first team. With the very real danger that he'd block the progress of new academy graduates.

Lets look to the future, not the past.

...the point I made is that he could have more of a strategic off field impact. I'm not advocating we should acquire him, I'm just saying that the club might see him as raising our profile in support of 'Project Everton'. It might be that he would be a cost effective signing. It's an angle the club might consider although I doubt it will happen.

I don't believe for one second that Rooney will come back and as each window closes we are moving from "he wouldn't come back " to "he just isn't good enough anymore"
However, if it were to happen then it certainly would revitalise his career, which, to be honest has certainly started to stutter big time.
At present he is a Utd squad player . The goal on Saturday was more for the media than anything else. I would guess that a large cohort of Utd fans were hoping the record would stay with Charlton.

A move back to Everton would give Rooney a new lease of life and he certainly would improve our team.

However, I think the financial side of the deal would make it impossible and even for Rooney it would be a risk, it might mean that he could be remembered at Everton as a has-been rather than the young star that left.

...the point I made is that he could have more of a strategic off field impact. I'm not advocating we should acquire him, I'm just saying that the club might see him as raising our profile in support of 'Project Everton'. It might be that he would be a cost effective signing. It's an angle the club might consider although I doubt it will happen.

I know mate, but as I said, I really think it would lower his profile rather than raise ours.

I don't believe for one second that Rooney will come back and as each window closes we are moving from "he wouldn't come back " to "he just isn't good enough anymore"
However, if it were to happen then it certainly would revitalise his career, which, to be honest has certainly started to stutter big time.
At present he is a Utd squad player . The goal on Saturday was more for the media than anything else. I would guess that a large cohort of Utd fans were hoping the record would stay with Charlton.

A move back to Everton would give Rooney a new lease of life and he certainly would improve our team.

However, I think the financial side of the deal would make it impossible and even for Rooney it would be a risk, it might mean that he could be remembered at Everton as a has-been rather than the young star that left.

I know quite a few, and all of them were! lol

like how everyone's talking about QPR because the remains of Rio Ferdinand once played there

Record club goalscorer (in less games too), won every trophy available at club level, country top scorer, millionaire, household name, there is nothing left for him to do at United.

I have always been in the Rooney fan club, I think for him to play from 16-34 at the top level of England is something that quite frankly amazes me when people slag him off. Some of the leagues best ever have only ever done it for 4-5 years if they are lucky. Henry at Arsenal, Suarez at Liverpool, Zola at Chelsea, Vieria, van nistlerooy, even Ronaldo was only here in his prime for 5 years or so.

Right now from a Everton perspective I think that Rooney coming home would have to happen this summer, anything later and it wouldn't make sense (although id still love him here anyway).

If he goes to China then im not sure I would have that same love for him, money would obviously be worth more than Everton. For £500k a week I would understand, except Rooney doesn't need the money does he ?

Record club goalscorer (in less games too), won every trophy available at club level, country top scorer, millionaire, household name, there is nothing left for him to do at United.

I have always been in the Rooney fan club, I think for him to play from 16-34 at the top level of England is something that quite frankly amazes me when people [Poor language removed] him off. Some of the leagues best ever have only ever done it for 4-5 years if they are lucky. Henry at Arsenal, Suarez at Liverpool, Zola at Chelsea, Vieria, van nistlerooy, even Ronaldo was only here in his prime for 5 years or so.

Right now from a Everton perspective I think that Rooney coming home would have to happen this summer, anything later and it wouldn't make sense (although id still love him here anyway).

If he goes to China then im not sure I would have that same love for him, money would obviously be worth more than Everton. For £500k a week I would understand, except Rooney doesn't need the money does he ?

Rooney won't be playing at the top level in England at anything close to 34 years of age mate,

Rocked up to work this morning (Altrincham), and many of them are not happy that a scouser is now their best ever!!
For a good few games less too, isn't it?

All together now;

Rooney's a scouser
Your leading scorer's a scouser
Rooney's a scou - ser
Your leading scorer's a scous - er.

Status
Not open for further replies.