Homepage Update: Wayne Rooney transfer "agreed in principle"

Wayne Rooney - Provided he expects to be a regular starter - Keep or Sell?

• Keep

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 131 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for a new manager it would be good not to have the constant question over Rooney getting in the way of what he wants to do. I’d much rather see younger players getting the minutes. Wayne has had a decent season though so there’s no need for animosity. It’s thankyou and goodbye for me.

The first time he left it really hit us as a club. This time, meh.

So many need to go but stability dictates not as many as should go. Rooney's leaving is up to the manager and Brands. Obviously if Rooney spits his dummy he has to go. But if he accepts whatever role the new management has in mind then he can stay until he is replaced properly. I would hope that role is as sub coming in to help close out games or turn them around where 10-30 minutes of high intensity Rooney can really impact against a tiring opposition.

Either way, a good manager could weigh up the pros and cons of him staying versus leaving and what he thinks is best. I don't think he'll want to leave the north west of England so he's limited in what his choices are. Going to the US for a couple of years is more than probably a huge decision with a young family.

I wouldn't waste any passion on what happens with him now. We're fine whichever choice he makes.

I think he should move on.

He can follow Ferguson out of the door too.

We need a fresh start all round.
No need to have past it has beens knocking around.

Bite their hand of for 12 million and get his wage of the bill, it was a poor nostalgic move.

No room for sentiment, Rooney himself conveyed that many years ago.

It's a £12M deal - not a £12M transfer fee. Take paying up Rooney's contract, his signing fee and his agents money and all other related fees and that's where the £12M is.

The best financial deal possible for Everton would be him going on a free and Everton not having to continue to pay him a percentage of "lost earnings". No way is there £12M going into the clubs bank or transfer kitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.