Homepage Update: Wayne Rooney transfer "agreed in principle"

Wayne Rooney - Provided he expects to be a regular starter - Keep or Sell?

• Keep

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 131 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's what I'd expect from you lot, Sell our best player, I'm just surprised that you haven't been singing Sammy Lees praises.

Mate if your sitting in the same ground that I am you should be seeing the same player who has declined so badly he can barely pick out a ten yard pass. He was brought back for the fairy tail and ended with a nightmare he isn't getting any better next year.

Time to drive the old, finished gang (Jagielka, Williams, Baines, Rooney) plus a shedload of others (Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Klaassen, Mirallas, Besic, Sandro, Galloway, Browning, Mori, Keane, Stekelenberg and likely a few others I've forgotten about).

Punt Kenny, DCL, Davies, Dowell out on loan (none of them are anywhere near good enough even as impact players) too.

Thankfully I feel Wayne is 100% off. He has no place in our squad no more. Do one you leech.

Time to go now, he’s taking a vital shirt in the team up when we need to move on to younger quicker players.
thanks for the West Ham goal, good luck in the USA.

He hasn’t done anything since December other than miss penalties and misplace passes. He has had his time. We can get better. If we can cash in and make a profit, it’s a no brainier.

yeah under Big Sam and playing in a deeper roll that he doesn't play nor suits him. I don't think we can judge him on the second half of the season under Sam. first half of the season was our best player so make of that what you will

yeah under Big Sam and playing in a deeper roll that he doesn't play nor suits him. I don't think we can judge him on the second half of the season under Sam. first half of the season was our best player so make of that what you will

Doesn’t matter where on the pitch he is, he should be able to pick a 10 yard pass, which he hasnt been managing. Where do you want him on the pitch?

Doesn’t matter where on the pitch he is, he should be able to pick a 10 yard pass, which he hasnt been managing. Where do you want him on the pitch?

Yeah the odd pass has gone astray, Davis has been the worst for that all season but I wouldn't get rid of him either. in terms of passing your remembering the bad ones Rooney has done and not the good plus as I said the second half of the season was bad all round. I think clean slate for a lot of the players going forward now. obvs not Williams and co but if you swapped the season around and Rooneys first half of the season was bad and the second half was like the first half would people be so quick to write him off. I think the way big Sam played didn't suit any player on our team at all

maybe am wrong but I still think he has another season in him

Yeah the odd pass has gone astray, Davis has been the worst for that all season but I wouldn't get rid of him either. in terms of passing your remembering the bad ones Rooney has done and not the good plus as I said the second half of the season was bad all round. I think clean slate for a lot of the players going forward now. obvs not Williams and co but if you swapped the season around and Rooneys first half of the season was bad and the second half was like the first half would people be so quick to write him off. I think the way big Sam played didn't suit any player on our team at all

Doesn't matter if you're Messi or Simeon Jackson you should still be able to pick simple passes. He scored 10 goals sure but he still didn't have any sort of goal contribution for the last few months of the season yet still played. What does he bring to our first team?

I think the biggest issue with Rooney is how badly his legs seem to have gone - if we appoint someone who wants our midfield to be able to press and play with energy, Rooney stands out as the one who can't do it - Davies, Gana, Klaassen, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and even McCarthy - all of these players have energy and can press. Rooney can't. He is a victim, to some degree, of the way Allardyce had set us up but truthfully I think for all parties a parting of the ways might be better now - if he can't hack it under a new manager, he'll get frustrated and patience from the crowd won't last long - if he leaves now, nobody would be too critical

I think the biggest issue with Rooney is how badly his legs seem to have gone - if we appoint someone who wants our midfield to be able to press and play with energy, Rooney stands out as the one who can't do it - Davies, Gana, Klaassen, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and even McCarthy - all of these players have energy and can press. Rooney can't. He is a victim, to some degree, of the way Allardyce had set us up but truthfully I think for all parties a parting of the ways might be better now - if he can't hack it under a new manager, he'll get frustrated and patience from the crowd won't last long - if he leaves now, nobody would be too critical

I don't think Gana ,Klassen, Schneiderlin or McCarthy will get near the starting 11 next year, playing with 2 defensive midfielders isn't the way to go forward. Gana is good but we should always be playing with a defensive midfielder. if Rooney goes he goes I just think he has a bit more to offer under the right manager

Maybe so, but there’s a huge difference between davies and Rooney in that davies is only 19 or something.

where on the pitch do you want him?

You don’t think he can play deep, he isn’t a number 10 and between him and Siggy, it’s siggy all day as he has energy, presses and can damn sure pick out a pass. And up top? Gone are those days for Rooney. I’m not sure tosun is the answer but I’d rather have him than rooney there as he can hold it up a lot better and pull away from defenders. Age is also against him compared to a lot of our players in those positions.

If we can get a profit and not be having to pay £150k a week for someone to sit on a bench, it’s the right deal. If he took a pay cut to £80k or something then keep him, but he thinks he is God’s gift to Everton and spat his dummy out when he gets subbed/not started. Claims he is a huge fan but rinses us for £150k a week.

Maybe so, but there’s a huge difference between davies and Rooney in that davies is only 19 or something.

where on the pitch do you want him?

You don’t think he can play deep, he isn’t a number 10 and between him and Siggy, it’s siggy all day as he has energy, presses and can damn sure pick out a pass. And up top? Gone are those days for Rooney. I’m not sure tosun is the answer but I’d rather have him than rooney there as he can hold it up a lot better and pull away from defenders.

If we can get a profit and not be having to pay £150k a week for someone to sit on a bench, it’s the right deal.

why not play Rooney and Tosun up top and use looneys football intelligence and Tosun's legs with soggy behind them? Liverpool play with a front 3 and we play with a front 1. we need more goals and playing 1 upfront all the time won't produce loads of goals

All the stick the fans are getting when Rooney has basically said if Sam stays I go.

He wants the next manager to talk him into staying.

why not play Rooney and Tosun up top and use looneys football intelligence and Tosun's legs with soggy behind them? Liverpool play with a front 3 and we play with a front 1. we need more goals and playing 1 upfront all the time won't produce loads of goals

Please don’t compare rooney, tosun and siggy to mane, salah and firminho. It’s laughable. They break with pace and skill, whereas with that front 3 for us, the defence could have a cup of tea before stopping them.

If anything, it should be lookman, tosun and Walcott as a front 3 to compare with Liverpool. With siggy behind and then 2 cms, Gana and whoever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.