Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think that we need to go all out for this one Wednesday

I think Watford will fold at the first sign of a tough battle because whats the point in getting into one with nothing to play for?

Go for the jugular try and get the 3 points, I just cannot see Leeds in their current state getting anything out of the Chelsea game who desperately need to win to be honest

That gives Leeds no choice but to win against Brighton - a very good side at the moment, otherwise we are totally safe.

MUST beat Watford - PLEASE

Mina definitely out I think we will see more of the same in terms of formation perhaps Allan in for Delph.

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Mykolenko
Iwobi - Allan - Doucoure
Gray - Richarlison - Gordon

Watford being down is still a huge risk because they have no pressure so they can play with a freedom so we have to be very solid to get all three points.

We have plenty of scope to bring in DCL or Alli off the bench if we need.

UTFB

Pickford

Coleman
- Keane - Holgate - Mykolenko

Iwobi
- Allan - Doucoure

Gordon
- Richarlison - Gray

Has to be this for me. Reckon Delph & Mina will be rested/won't be fit so Allan & Keane to start. Really, really hoping Myko is okay because Kenny is a disaster waiting to happen.

These have the worst home record in Europe. Like, record breaking worst home form.

I don't expect us to win many, and every other team away this season I'd say a point is a good away point but we should be beating Watford.
Problem is that just like with our away record, the law of averages dictates that they will win at home sooner or later. (Hopefully much later)

There is always pressure on Richy but this is another game where he can make the difference. There is always an issue with the lack of goals in this side and the easy conceding at the other end.

Everton, we never shone so brightly
Everton, the spirit of the blues.
Everton, we never shone so brightly
Everton, the spirit of the blues.

What an away performance.....and the team done alright as well didn't they! You'll find it hard to find a better away following than what we witnessed against Leicester, a huge shout out to every single one of you as you done everyone proud as always. Great to see Lampard come back out and show everyone what it meant to him.

Special shout outs to Mykolenko for a wonder strike and Pickford who once again put in a match winning performance.

It ain't over until its over so let's not sit back, relax and light a cigar just yet. There could still be another twist and turn and we need to ensure we are as far away from any kind of danger as possible and that means 3 points against Watford. It won't be a given because nothing ever is for Everton. The snake wavers might be relegated but that almost gives them a free hit against us. Though I hope they down tools on Hodgson who I thought was an embarrassment to Watford lapping up the applause from Palace fans whilst not going over to show some appreciation for the Watford fans.............Well in Roy!!!! We love to see that kind of snide :)

@Jimishorts could you stick in a picture of a giant Python snake with Hodgsons head on it, perhaps eating Elton John in a Watford kit crying his eyes out.

No doubt we'll have 15 new injuries by the time Wednesday comes around and even though I would like to keep the same kind of team out, I feel rotation will need to be the order of the day

maccas Brazil 1970 starting 11 is

GK Pickford
RB Coleman
CB Keane
CB Holgate
LB Mykolenko
CM Allan
CM Doucoure
ACM Iwobi
LW Dele
RW Gray
CF DCL

I've gone back to a 433 and i refuse to believe Mykolenko won't be fit for this match. I think Delph, Gordon and Richarlison need a little breather.

So, no matter what anyone does, we just need to look after ourselves and keep everything in our own hands. It's another must win game and the sooner we get past the 40 point mark the better. Wednesday gives us a fantastic opportunity to really keep this momentum we finally seem to have got going after the last couple of performances.

maccas mathematical methodical predictions

Watford 1-3 Everton

UTFT!!!
100% need to go for the win. Watford are dead and buried but they still have a grievance over the Marco Silva affair. Richy would definitely be up for it against his old team. We all hate former players coming back to haunt us, so time for Richy to do one on them. Would give Delph a rest and Mina's not going to make it. Gordon could also do with a rest so I'd probably put Richy out wide and give DCL a chance to prove us all wrong. COYB

Got a nagging feeling one of Brentford or Palace rock up without a care in the world and stuff us, so this is must win for me. Don’t believe there will be any complacency after Sunday, still an awful lot to do and we will be desperate to get this over the finish line asap. The reverse fixture will serve as a warning not to switch off or underestimate them.

Can’t imagine the home crowd will be particularly lively, the travelling blues can make this a home game for us.

I know it'd be typical for them to "Everton it" and there's history to suggest they might but Watford are a properly awful side, nothing to play for and we absolutely do have something left. The players will have it drilled into them that this is the easiest game they'll have had for months if they just keep their heads and be professional. The truth of it as well they'll know full well that they can repair a lot of goodwill with fans after this awful season with a bit of effort. Look at Iwobi and Delph for example, in their times here they've both been rightfully criticised for different reasons and now they're both lauded members of the squad and have made themselves hard to drop. If the squad finishes out the season strongly a lot of these players will be seen to have futures here, if they go out with a whimper even if we do stay up then they'll be thrown to the side.

It's a crazy old game. But maybe......just maybe.....a little sanity has now descended on all things Everton. We seem now to have a settled starting 11. And we are winning football matches.
Pickford has been amazing. Keane and Holgate are playing ok. Shame that Mina is injured again... Myko......well what can you say about this guy. Best complement to Myko is.. Digne .....who.
Delph has rollback the years. And is looking like the player who got capped by england ( almost ). RIchy must run on Duracell batteries. Iwobi......were has that player been hiding. All have recently been superb.
Still a few wobbles and disappointments. But we are winning football matches. Safety now beckons.
Now for Watford. Hope Myko is fit. Don't really want Kenny playing at LB. For me it's good that we are playing on wednesday. Keep this momentum going. We can't go back to the previous rubbish that has put us in this position. We have to beat Watford.

TBH......I thought that after the Burnley defeat, that we were gone. From 8th Feb to 6th April we had only beat two teams in the league. And lost 7. Awful form. I was getting worried. We all were.
Now win our next two matches ( Watford and Brentford) and that's 41 points. And we go again next season in the Premier League.
It's a crazy old game.......And we now just can't suffer any relapses.
That would be unforgivable. So it's all systems go. Beat these two teams.
So I'm going to be real bullish. We have to sometime bury most of our chances. So let's stuff either or both of these two teams. 3-0 or 4-0 wins coming up soon for the Toffeemen.
What's that old saying about a week being a long time in politics. Well how about football. Last Sunday to now. What a week.
Up The Toffees. Lampards now very close to being safe Toffees...

Status
Not open for further replies.