Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get at these and they will crumble. I hope they finish bottom of the league, so let's hope we help them fulfil that objective. Nothing but a win will do, just look at their pathetic home record and the fact they're down already. Taking nothing for granted, but it's a game where anything less than 3 points would be a major disappointment.

After all the issues this season there is finally a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Can Everton win three consecutive games, with two of those away, after not winning consecutive games since September and no away win since August until yesterday? Why not! Another performance like yesterday, players and supporters, and we can secure another priceless three points. Would be a bonus if Leeds get beat same night as well, but if we carry on winning it won't matter anyway what others do. Clean sheet please and whether it is one goal for us or more I could not care less as long as we get three points ;)

Everton, we never shone so brightly
Everton, the spirit of the blues.

What an away performance.....and the team done alright as well didn't they! You'll find it hard to find a better away following than what we witnessed against Leicester, a huge shout out to every single one of you as you done everyone proud as always. Great to see Lampard come back out and show everyone what it meant to him.

Special shout outs to Mykolenko for a wonder strike and Pickford who once again put in a match winning performance.

It ain't over until its over so let's not sit back, relax and light a cigar just yet. There could still be another twist and turn and we need to ensure we are as far away from any kind of danger as possible and that means 3 points against Watford. It won't be a given because nothing ever is for Everton. The snake wavers might be relegated but that almost gives them a free hit against us. Though I hope they down tools on Hodgson who I thought was an embarrassment to Watford lapping up the applause from Palace fans whilst not going over to show some appreciation for the Watford fans.............Well in Roy!!!! We love to see that kind of snide :)

@Jimishorts could you stick in a picture of a giant Python snake with Hodgsons head on it, perhaps eating Elton John in a Watford kit crying his eyes out.

No doubt we'll have 15 new injuries by the time Wednesday comes around and even though I would like to keep the same kind of team out, I feel rotation will need to be the order of the day

maccas Brazil 1970 starting 11 is

GK Pickford
RB Coleman
CB Keane
CB Holgate
LB Mykolenko
CM Allan
CM Doucoure
ACM Iwobi
LW Dele
RW Gray
CF DCL

I've gone back to a 433 and i refuse to believe Mykolenko won't be fit for this match. I think Delph, Gordon and Richarlison need a little breather.

So, no matter what anyone does, we just need to look after ourselves and keep everything in our own hands. It's another must win game and the sooner we get past the 40 point mark the better. Wednesday gives us a fantastic opportunity to really keep this momentum we finally seem to have got going after the last couple of performances.

maccas mathematical methodical predictions

Watford 1-3 Everton

UTFT!!!
Good team, I would swap Iwobi with Dele as number 10

Agree that we should swap back to 4-3-3, its what they play too so matching them up we should win. Also agree that rotation is in order to allow for rests and to allow a couple of other players to stake their claims. I'd go for:

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Mykolenko
Allan Doucoure Iwobi
Dele DCL Rich

Gray and Gordon both looked absolutely goosed to me after 65 minutes yesterday.

What an away performance.....and the team done alright as well didn't they! You'll find it hard to find a better away following than what we witnessed against Leicester, a huge shout out to every single one of you as you done everyone proud as always. Great to see Lampard come back out and show everyone what it meant to him.

Special shout outs to Mykolenko for a wonder strike and Pickford who once again put in a match winning performance.

It ain't over until its over so let's not sit back, relax and light a cigar just yet. There could still be another twist and turn and we need to ensure we are as far away from any kind of danger as possible and that means 3 points against Watford. It won't be a given because nothing ever is for Everton. The snake wavers might be relegated but that almost gives them a free hit against us. Though I hope they down tools on Hodgson who I thought was an embarrassment to Watford lapping up the applause from Palace fans whilst not going over to show some appreciation for the Watford fans.............Well in Roy!!!! We love to see that kind of snide :)

@Jimishorts could you stick in a picture of a giant Python snake with Hodgsons head on it, perhaps eating Elton John in a Watford kit crying his eyes out.

No doubt we'll have 15 new injuries by the time Wednesday comes around and even though I would like to keep the same kind of team out, I feel rotation will need to be the order of the day

maccas Brazil 1970 starting 11 is

GK Pickford
RB Coleman
CB Keane
CB Holgate
LB Mykolenko
CM Allan
CM Doucoure
ACM Iwobi
LW Dele
RW Gray
CF DCL

I've gone back to a 433 and i refuse to believe Mykolenko won't be fit for this match. I think Delph, Gordon and Richarlison need a little breather.

So, no matter what anyone does, we just need to look after ourselves and keep everything in our own hands. It's another must win game and the sooner we get past the 40 point mark the better. Wednesday gives us a fantastic opportunity to really keep this momentum we finally seem to have got going after the last couple of performances.

maccas mathematical methodical predictions

Watford 1-3 Everton

UTFT!!!

Richy won't want to be rested so I'd play him. If we get to a position of safety, then give him an early break for the summer, but that's a way off, and until then we need to play the best possible side for every game.

While i do think we may need to rest players for the 2 home games we should not make too many changes. No guarantee's we will win our home games.

I think Allan for delph will happen. If DCL/Rondon plays then Richarlson plays wide and probably Gordon to miss out.

Potential banana skin this if we get too cocky and complacent. I think we should throw everything at it like we have done the previous couple of games, effort and supporter wise and lets get 4 points clear of the drop zone which will really take the pressure off with 2 home games to follow.

We have momentum and confidence. Even better, we've shown we can fight and get an away win against a decent side. Watford, while still potentially dangerous, are no Leicester. There's no chance Frank will allow an ounce of complacency. This is another cup final for us. Looking at Burnley's and Leeds remaining fixtures, I cant see either getting 2 more wins. If we could go 4 points clear of them, it will be huge.

I've just read that Watford have lost 11 home games on the spin. Show the same energy and commitment as we did yesterday and we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.