Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to say we'll win, but I simply do not trust these players to beat a team that has lost its last 11 homes games straight. Lampard has done superbly in the wake of the Burnley debacle to instill desire and structure, but the clown show that is our defence continues to alarm only to be bailed out by world-class level goalkeeping.

In my view, we cannot afford to ease off on the focus now. This is a glorious opportunity to take three vital points - probably the best opportunity to do so that remains. If we can win this, the manager will have definitively proven that his work is bearing sustainable fruit. But a defeat here would throw a lot of the good work away and raise alarming questions. A draw would be a relative disappointment, but not the end of the world. We will be in this until we aren't. Four games left. The dream for me is to make the final game meaningless - in a good way. Vicarage Road will tell a tale. I don't trust the players. I want to trust the manager. I want rid of almost all of the players come season's end no matter the outcome. I would like to persist with the manager - but only if he has earned it by keeping us up. Therefore, here's to Frank earning the right to rebuild us over the summer - and to firing virtually the entire squad into the Irish Sea (surfacing, preferably, somwhere in the vicinity of Sellafield).

@Jimishorts could you stick in a picture of a giant Python snake with Hodgsons head on it, perhaps eating Elton John in a Watford kit crying his eyes out.

29580317-8DD0-4291-A9CA-9F77717437AD.jpeg

Hopefully the team realise what's needed against these like all of us on here. Everybody saying the right things that this won't be easy and we could easily slip up if complacent. If we all know this the team should.

I'm not getting carried away... 0-6

seriously though, I'd take a point (rationale being 4 points from those 2 games I'd have bitten your arm off for).

Hate to be pessimistic, but are two away wins on the trot too much of an ask for this lot? I have a bad feeling it could be even if it is only against Watford.

It's a MASSIVE test of the players' desire, determination and desperation to extend the cushion between us and Burnley/Leeds, here. Goes without saying but I'd much prefer to guarantee safety before the last game of the season.

Hate to be pessimistic, but are two away wins on the trot too much of an ask for this lot? I have a bad feeling it could be even if it is only against Watford.

It's a MASSIVE test of the players' desire, determination and desperation to extend the cushion between us and Burnley/Leeds, here. Goes without saying but I'd much prefer to guarantee safety before the last game of the season.
Like London buses my friend.

I'd love to say we'll win, but I simply do not trust these players to beat a team that has lost its last 11 homes games straight. Lampard has done superbly in the wake of the Burnley debacle to instill desire and structure, but the clown show that is our defence continues to alarm only to be bailed out by world-class level goalkeeping.

In my view, we cannot afford to ease off on the focus now. This is a glorious opportunity to take three vital points - probably the best opportunity to do so that remains. If we can win this, the manager will have definitively proven that his work is bearing sustainable fruit. But a defeat here would throw a lot of the good work away and raise alarming questions. A draw would be a relative disappointment, but not the end of the world. We will be in this until we aren't. Four games left. The dream for me is to make the final game meaningless - in a good way. Vicarage Road will tell a tale. I don't trust the players. I want to trust the manager. I want rid of almost all of the players come season's end no matter the outcome. I would like to persist with the manager - but only if he has earned it by keeping us up. Therefore, here's to Frank earning the right to rebuild us over the summer - and to firing virtually the entire squad into the Irish Sea (surfacing, preferably, somwhere in the vicinity of Sellafield).
I was going to post something similar, but you've done it better than I could.

Don't trust these players + Watford should've been out of sight against Burnley. They've got some dangerous players.

This is no gimme, seen few posts saying we're safe. Much better position than week ago but one bad set of restults + we're back in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.