Homepage Update: WATCH: David Unsworth Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
He spoke fantastically well as he always does. I don't know if he's a great communicator (he is) or whether he is just a genuine honest guy, with good intentions, a well balanced view on the world who feels he's been given the job of a lifetime.

I once saw a word analyst who said if you don't lie you won't ever slip up, and thats what you get from Unsworth. He's very forthright and always has been.

He is very positive and cheerful though his demeanor is different to last time he stepped up. That was a bit of a nothing game a 1 off and a bit of a celebration to get people back not track. This is now pretty serious, both in terms of the clubs position and also an audition for the first team job. If he bounces 3 or 4 wins together, suddenly the season looks very rosy with him at the helm, and the possibility of being in 4 competitions. Lose 4 and we are in for a long relegation scrap.

I suspect we will see a lot of emphasis on performance. It will be like the first season with the 23's, lots of focus on process and a fair bit of praise. I've never wanted an Everton manager to succeed more.
His communication skills explain why he's been doing well at U23 level, he gets his ideas over very well and the players can clearly understand what he wants them to do. It's a big asset to have, particularly when you compare him to Koeman, who's clearly struggled in this regard.

The one thing I can't stand , is no effort or passion... does my head in... its why I turned on koeman as he didn't seem to care.... it's what I hated about bobby as he didn't seem to work them hard enough and it's what didn't like about Barkley... unsworth may fail or he may not... but we all know he will have the team fighting and he will give a shiv and he will be working as hard as he can to deliver us a style we want to see... I love that man and even if it goes bad that won't change.... he should be given assurances that if he does well he may keep the job and if he doesn't his U23 job is safe... can't beat having one of your own managing or playing for the club...

His communication skills explain why he's been doing well at U23 level, he gets his ideas over very well and the players can clearly understand what he wants them to do. It's a big asset to have, particularly when you compare him to Koeman, who's clearly struggled in this regard.

Probably be nice for the players to have a manager that understands what the fans want and can explain it. If they play the way he wants the crowd will lift and get behind them

As good a press conference as you could see from a manager that was, hope he does so well that the Board have a real dilemma on their hands.

Yes if we see after these four games that Rhino ha's definitely got something but maybe not quite ready then i'd like to see him be assistant to the new manager, so he is still in and around the first team plus learning from a manager that has won things (hopefully) of course this will be up to the new manager like but it would bode well for our future

Yes if we see after these four games that Rhino ha's definitely got something but maybe not quite ready then i'd like to see him be assistant to the new manager, so he is still in and around the first team plus learning from a manager that has won things (hopefully) of course this will be up to the new manager like but it would bode well for our future

Think it's too early for him and he needs to prove himself managing at a 'lesser' club first etc, but we have 4 games coming up, away at Chelsea where we haven't won in about 20 years, away at Lyon where if we don't win we are effectively out of Europe, Watford at Goodison who are the current flavour of the month team with a manager whose getting linked to this very job - so a massive statement if Unsy turns them over, and against Leicester at their gaff.

Hard to say what it'd take to persuade the higher ups that he is ready, but if we got positive results in all 4 games then i honestly don't know how they would not be able to give him it really.

Ideally i'd love him to be ready now, but best case for me would be a new manager coming in (Tuchel) who actually WANTED and asked for Uhnsworth to be his assistant - not being forced onto him for example

We are so lucky to have someone like unsy at the club. He clearly is devoted to everton, he speaks like a fan. Refreshing to see such positivity and basic statements about winning matches that cut through the bs. Loved his Ross Barkley comments too. Fingers crossed he can hit the ground running, there's so much potential in that squad we should fly up the league with a bit of confidence. Like he says he could be anyone as long as we are winning matches hell be everton manager.

enjoyed his press conference in the short term, he is exactly what we need, we have like 3/4 games which could massively change the season, win against chelsea and league cup is a real possibility, win against lyon and the same said, not easy really hard infact. If anyone can let the players know what it means to play for everton its unsworth, royal, fergusson.

When Questioned on Koeman turning it around in time:

'Just because you spend money it does not give you any desire...'
Then 'Desired Right' added.

Unsworth is spot on. Spending money on fancy things and then just sitting there and saying do something, appears to be what has unfolded.
When it was going wrong, Koeman's answer appears to have been to lump it forward.

Unsy said all the right things in the conference. Wish him lead the team to victories in the coming matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.