"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Just checked out the official attendance at this game -- 36,000! No wonder the attendance announcement near the end of each game in this era used to draw loud laughs from supporters and no wonder that our offical average attendance for that championship winning season was only 32,000.
Remember actually looking forward to that announcement.
It was so bad we eventually started singing
"There's more of us than that"

Everton v Grimdon Town. What looks like a Beagrie "best of" reel, and Mike Walker's first match. I think this is Grimdon's record season for conceding the most goals.

Some great finds here. That Sheff Wed game was brilliant. I went to the 1-1 away, the 1-1 at home, the 1-1 at home and missed the 5-0 away as it was too far midweek! Those were the days there were no penalties and players played every 3 days, never got injured and never moaned.

Got in pretty much at half time that night to find out we were five up, true story!!
Think most people did Dario,remember arriving on the outskirts of Sheffield and coaches being held there for no reason,we managed to get the match on the coach telly on the way back,passed the team coach and they were trying to geg the screen

Think most people did Dario,remember arriving on the outskirts of Sheffield and coaches being held there for no reason,we managed to get the match on the coach telly on the way back,passed the team coach and they were trying to geg the screen

I was one of the lucky ones who got in when it was only 2-0! We finally got in about 5 mins before half time,when Everton promptly banged in another 3. Typical Everton that we didn't get any in the second half when everybody had finally arrived! On a more serious note,the South Yorkshire police treated us like filth in those two games,the crushing behind the goal in the first tie,practically pleading with the police to open another pen(the one to our left with the big open corner),eventually they did which relieved the pressure. We had a massive following travel over for that first game.

I was one of the lucky ones who got in when it was only 2-0! We finally got in about 5 mins before half time,when Everton promptly banged in another 3. Typical Everton that we didn't get any in the second half when everybody had finally arrived! On a more serious note,the South Yorkshire police treated us like filth in those two games,the crushing behind the goal in the first tie,practically pleading with the police to open another pen(the one to our left with the big open corner),eventually they did which relieved the pressure. We had a massive following travel over for that first game.
Yeah the police were awful,I brought my lad to the second game,he was 4 so got seats instead,they kept the coaches waiting for no reason then made them park up miles from the ground,were pushing fans and arresting them for stepping off the pavement

"Half way into the season and everton have already lost 8 games at home" wow
Grim times. As far as I remember (and remembering us proving increasingly unreliable) Walker had the previous year guided Norwich to 2nd or 3rd. Hot property he appeared. The rest is history.

The goals from the first tie at Hillsborough.

That game haunts me quite a bit,I remember it was a snowy January day, again I was late for the kick off(don't know what it is about Sheffield!!),can always remember me and my two mates legging it from the car to the ground, the game had kicked off I think we'd missed the first five minutes, we ran down that infamous central tunnel, that middle pen was chocka even for a third round tie, sod that(or words to that effect we said lol )and ran around to the open terrace side pen, we got soaked but it was less populated in there, you could look across the pens and you could see how full that middle section was, only a year later we all unfortunately know what happened there,RIP,JFT96.