"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Often wonder,although the cracks had started to appear,if we had managed to win either the FA Cup or the European Cup in 1971 would we have regrouped and gone on to have had a period of sustained success?
It Should've help stop the rot, but knowing us, plus Cattericks failing health and judgement...iirc, @Joey66 stated that Kendall was his last decent signing - and that was in 1967.
So I doubt it
Sadly we just don't do Dynasties.

Worth a watch till the gate of 36000+ appears.
I was there ,it was mobbed....

My lad was 5 and it was his first game, enough space in the Gwladys (where GS4 is now) to sit him on the barrier without worries of being knocked about by the crowd swaying.
The 'Official' attendance had been a standing joke basically since 1970-71 and the 'new' stand needed paying for...allegedly
36k was a Joke yes, but it was nowhere near full.
iirc, the capacity back then was 53k

My lad was 5 and it was his first game, enough space in the Gwladys (where GS4 is now) to sit him on the barrier without worries of being knocked about by the crowd swaying.
The 'Official' attendance had been a standing joke basically since 1970-71 and the 'new' stand needed paying for...allegedly
36k was a Joke yes, but it was nowhere near full.
iirc, the capacity back then was 53k
Anyone remember Man U at home?,think it was Easter 1982ish,glorious afternoon,great game,3-3,sizeable United contingent,from where I was Main Stand side all seats appeared taken,capacity as you said,53000,they put the gate as 29000,to much hilarity to all gathered there that day🙄😂😂😂

Anyone remember Man U at home?,think it was Easter 1982ish,glorious afternoon,great game,3-3,sizeable United contingent,from where I was Main Stand side all seats appeared taken,capacity as you said,53000,they put the gate as 29000,to much hilarity to all gathered there that day🙄😂😂😂
We'd stay behind to let the rush die down and listen to the results then off to the Fountains Abbey, plenty of those early 70s games were dire, especially compared to what we'd so recently witnessed.
Some weeks It was the only thing that raised a smile.
All cash money at the door back then 🤔

We'd stay behind to let the rush die down and listen to the results then off to the Fountains Abbey, plenty of those early 70s games were dire, especially compared to what we'd so recently witnessed.
Some weeks It was the only thing that raised a smile.
All cash money at the door back then 🤔
The old fashioned turnstile, many a time - I saw guys walk in pay nothing as it was their mate on the turnstile - the funniest time was when in a big game all ticket this guy walked up stooped held his knees & a teenager probably his son leap frogged in for free & he cleared off with a ticket to another entrance lol

My first full season of watching Everton (I'd been taken to a handful of games the season before though). I've seen highlights of a few of them on you tube, but I've never ever found any highlights of the game against Arsenal. I have a hazy memory of Andy King scoring a brilliant long range goal and somebody attempting to chip Pat Jennings who caught it with one hand, so it'll be great to see this game again! I think it was our next home game after that ridiculous 2-6 against Man Utd.