Was Marcel Brands a good choice for DOF? POLL

Has Marcel Brands been a good choice as DOF?

• Yes he's been a success. Glad he's with us.

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • No he's been a failure. I wish we'd gone for someone else.

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Jury's still out.

Votes: 156 55.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope no one’s sticking the boot into him of Gbamin, it happens, sadly seems to happen to us a lot whoever is the manager/owner/DOF... but just very unfortunate for both player and club.

Im a believer myself that the DOF should be held responsible for the signings as much as the manager over the performances/results therefore for me he shouldnt be sat on the board - he should have to answer to the board as the manager does.
Fully agree. Putting the DOF on the board that should in theory evaluate his job performance is a clear conflict of interest. Usmanov and his proxy Moshiri have been astoundingly successful in the world of business but their first foray with real power into club ownership has seen a succession of baffling and naive decisions.
If I were them I would be patient with Marcel but secretly worried that the evidence for his ability to spot talent / value in the market, after nearly 2 years and over £200m spent, is pretty sparse.

Fully agree. Putting the DOF on the board that should in theory evaluate his job performance is a clear conflict of interest. Usmanov and his proxy Moshiri have been astoundingly successful in the world of business but their first foray with real power into club ownership has seen a succession of baffling and naive decisions.
If I were them I would be patient with Marcel but secretly worried that the evidence for his ability to spot talent / value in the market, after nearly 2 years and over £200m spent, is pretty sparse.

Im convinced Usmanov hasnt had much influence before he sold up in Arsenal.

I think Mosh bought into us on orders from Usmanov almost as a plan B incase Kroenke wouldn't sell and Uz basically gave Moshiri free reign to manage the running of the club whilst he attempted to buy out Kroenke at arsenal.

Since he sold up in Arsenal and his interviews talking about "joining Everton" we have gone on to appoint Ancelotti - makes me think he's slowly getting his feet under the table and hopefully we may start seeing more ruthlessness at board room level.

Kenwright and Moshiri have ran the club like a boys club for far too long - im praying Usmanov shakes things up.

He already went above Brands head by sacking Silva & appointing Ancelotti who doesnt go with his 4231 system which the DOF should enforce throughout the club - I feel anymore wasting of money and Uz may act...

I think Mosh bought into us on orders from Usmanov almost as a plan B incase Kroenke wouldn't sell and Uz basically gave Moshiri free reign to manage the running of the club whilst he attempted to buy out Kroenke at arsenal.

Since he sold up in Arsenal and his interviews talking about "joining Everton" we have gone on to appoint Ancelotti - makes me think he's slowly getting his feet under the table and hopefully we may start seeing more ruthlessness at board room level.

Kenwright and Moshiri have ran the club like a boys club for far too long - im praying Usmanov shakes things up.

He already went above Brands head by sacking Silva & appointing Ancelotti who doesnt go with his 4231 system which the DOF should enforce throughout the club - I feel anymore wasting of money and Uz may act...
Even if what you are saying is right, it is hardly encouraging. Becoming a ruthless mini-Chelsea sounds dreadful to me given all the club stands for.

I always think sticking to a formation that tightly isn’t good. You need to be adaptable.

Delph hasn't been as bad a signing as some think.

He will never be accepted by some sections of the fan base but £8m is peanuts these days and he's at worst a decent squad player.

I could not believe it when we signed Delph - he was always a liability for City whenever I saw him, and a level or two below everyone else in the team when he played. He was good in a relegated Villa side, but seems to have gotten worse since then.

Knowing our luck Marcel will have lined up Kyle Walker to complete the set!

Status
Not open for further replies.