Was Marcel Brands a good choice for DOF? POLL

Has Marcel Brands been a good choice as DOF?

• Yes he's been a success. Glad he's with us.

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • No he's been a failure. I wish we'd gone for someone else.

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Jury's still out.

Votes: 156 55.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Evertonian had a good go at Brands, out for publicity for himself in my opinion. When it came to the vote only one man had his hand up for Brands to go, Tom Cannons. Everton have been in a mess for years and it will take more than two tears to sort it out. No he hasn’t proved himself yet, give him time though and let’s see where he takes us, and delay in football and the problems this virus has caused will not help him although applies to football all over the world.
Where was Bobby Ball?

Please tell me this is a joke ?
Seriously?
The man who signed Van der Meyde, Drenthe & Jeffers?
Really did his homework on attitude there, didnt he?

Yeah, because you're really interested in having this 'kin conversation aren't you...I can certainly tell, seeing as two of those you mention were loans because he knew better. He'd still take chances, though, because he had to...but we'll ignore all that, and all the good buys he made, too.

But hey, I'll be the joker...you can stay a clown.

I'm tinkering on declaring "NO". I had his performance this upcoming window down as the decider. However with what's going on I imagine that absolutely nailing recruitment will take a lot of luck.... He's got himself until next seasons summer window now before I make my mind up. That's unless we undergo some horrific recruitment.

Another four years?! Why exactly would someone need six years in a job to assess if they’re good enough?

I was being sarcastic, as this is the Evertonian attitude, especially with managers, but also with foreign and young players. Its all part of the never ending five-year plan.

Brands joined at the precise moment when ‘big money’ transfers became exceptionally tough.

1. There’s very little value in the market - inflation has ruined it.
2. Clubs look to sell only if they receive big money - buying becomes almost impossible.
3. There’s a growing trend of hoarding players - big clubs sitting on big squads as players have become huge assets; bigger than they’ve ever been.
4. Financial backing is no longer a guarantee of buying the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.