Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that if he's shattered or not listening or doesn't get it - it's not good - but unfortunately it's also only the management who can fix it or take responsibility. They have to find that one thing that motivates him, or that one translator or communication style or something that gets him going. We can't give up on him because he has got potential. Silva seemed to be doing the traditional thing of letting him settle down and get used to it, and maybe start using him more at Xmas and new year. Brands did that big gesture to his mum when he came over. Everyone needs TLC and he's only 19 - I hope he's l;ooked after

But also in a a big match you can't just let him be tired or not listen - hooking him off was probably right, but it would have been nice to see him say something in his ear and give him a hug - then at least the fans would have seen that he's not just being dumped out

A lot of pseudo-psychology from the so-called experts. "He destroyed him", "He killed him", etc. It may say a bit about how individualistic the culture has become.

DF had to make a rational decision: he would delay the time, stop the rhythm of the match, and do so by making a substitute. As he himself says he had the bench full of strikers, and DCL and Richarlison worked tirelessly. It would be stupid to substitute them.

Kean on the other hand, struggled with the pace and intensity, and possibly he did not follow the instructions. Therefore, he was also a risk, which could ultimately cause us to lose the match. The team comes first, and that's the attitude all Evertom players need to be aware of. Consequences are far more effective than words. Words usually have the opposite effect.

For Kean now, the job of the coaching staff is to reinforce the positive, but at the same time set clear boundaries. I don't give up Kean yet, it's a good player there, but I have the feeling that he is a player who has an extraordinary talent but is not willing to work to realize the potential.

But also in a a big match you can't just let him be tired or not listen - hooking him off was probably right, but it would have been nice to see him say something in his ear and give him a hug - then at least the fans would have seen that he's not just being dumped out
When people are angry, the best thing to do is wait until they have settled down. Then you can explain your choices.

Also don't think Kean was very keen on a hug from DF. It could quickly become a scene that only made things worse.

He came on, wandered around aimlessly for 18 minutes and was blowing out his arse after 10, so he was taken off.

What the f is going on in training? Are coaches just letting him sit on the sidelines? That's awful fitness.
Someone needs to grab the lad and get him going in the right direction again because we can't afford another £25m flop.

Bringing Kean on the first place was the mistake:

"United are looking for the winner...so I'll take a MF off and put an out and out forward on the pitch to hang on".

This is what happened: he was basically in a fog of confusion and blind panic and couldn't function, made the wrong move then sought to correct it...by taking off the out and out forward...and throwing ANOTHER out and out forward on.

Genius.

What the f is going on in training? Are coaches just letting him sit on the sidelines? That's awful fitness.
Someone needs to grab the lad and get him going in the right direction again because we can't afford another £25m flop.

Why isn't he playing U23 games?

Yes, wasn't doing or couldn't do what was asked of him so DF every right to pull him off.

We are too soft as a club and it has us where we are. Its all about the team and not one player

"United are looking for the winner...so I'll take a MF off and put an out and out forward on the pitch to hang on".

This is what happened: he was basically in a fog of confusion and blind panic and couldn't function, made the wrong move then sought to correct it...by taking off the out and out forward...and throwing ANOTHER out and out forward on.

Genius.

He took off a midfielder who was gassed coming back from a spell out, moved Richarlison wide and brought on a young striker to defend from the front with energy.

It was totally the correct call - the issue was Kean didn't do what was asked of him, so he brought on Niasse.

Of course, you've took your position so you will constantly and irrationally now look for reasons to bash Ferguson, so I don't even know why I'm bothering to respond.

Genius.

wrong dave, decision was correct. He took off a returning Bernard, who had run his legs off and was struggling with the pace, moved to Richarlison to the left to continue with his battling attitude and supporting of Baines

Kean was brought on for his pace and directness to cause Utd trouble on the counterattack

basic football that the majority can understand. I say majority and not all, because there is you

happy Monday Blue

DUNCAN
DUNCAN FERGUSON
DUNCAN
DUNCAN FERGUSON

Besides not being fit enough, I wonder if it's the language barrier as well. Didn't seem to have a clue yesterday where he was supposed to be when he came on. Hopefully, he is taking some intensive English classes as part of his development here.

I'm pretty sure clubs employ or work with interpreters as well to help with this

Genius.

I thought it was a brave move and a good one. Putting a fresh striker on to give the United back four and midfield someone new to worry about and perhaps pin a couple of their players back. If nothing else get someone snapping at their heels and pressing them further upfield.

Can't believe the reaction to this, starting to think people have just been desperate for something to use to beat Duncan "what's he even doing as a coach?" Ferguson with and are desperately grasping onto this as he's gave them nothing else to complain about in the two matches he's managed.

It's been a gripe of mine when managers have been scared to make a decision, but I totally understand it now. People with the "time to get a proper manager now" shouts because he subbed off the worst player on the pitch after getting two decent unexpected results against tough opponents, but it's this substitution that is the talking point.

Also, not sure I quite understand the obsession with this player, don't remember Lukaku getting this sort of leniency for his fitness levels despite being a much better player than this guy who's shown absolutely nothing other than missing that chance the other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.