Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Ferguson himself a bit of a slacker in his playing days?
He used to be up for it on derby days or in the big games vs Man United, but he regularly went missing or wasn't arsed enough otherwise.
It's a bit rich of him to pick on a 19 year doing the same.

THen maybe he learned something from it and wants to prevent a talented lad making the same mistake.

mourinho dragged Dier off the other night after 20 minutes because something wasn’t working, is that lack of experience as well
Mourinho is a destructive poisonous individual who has been sacked numerous times for making enemies with everyone around him.
Duncan following his example isn't a good idea.

Wasn't Ferguson himself a bit of a slacker in his playing days?
He used to be up for it on derby days or in the big games vs Man United, but he regularly went missing or wasn't arsed enough otherwise.
It's a bit rich of him to pick on a 19 year doing the same.
Not the story his managers tell. Hence him being gifted the watch of our most successful ever manager by his widow.

Because Duncan is an impulsive person. Makes decisions with his heart instead of his head.

rather have someone make decisions with their heart than make no decision at all.
I agree. He’s done great but I just think he could have handled this better.

And Kean could have tried harder & tracked back better, then this wouldn’t have happened at all.

DCL has been in the same position also as Kean is now. Hey I understand your support for the big fella but this game is played with heart, something Big Dunc has showed us in heaps. To this point Kean seemed to have his heart in the club publicly denying going back to Italy and even going against his own blood when his dad said he should go back. Regardless if Dunc will continue to be manager or not he is going to be the person working closest to Kean and that decision today will no doubt create (or make massively bigger) a rift between the 2 of them. Brands will not have a choice in sacking Dunc any time soon so Kean’s only choices will be to play under a coach that obviously does not fancy him in his most important years as a young player or move on to a place where he will be able to develop under a coach and manager that will support him.

Scary second option that though especially when Brands is trying to sign new young promising talent and the player we are goin for points to the treatment of Kean and asks how he can ensure that doesn’t happen to him.

Kean also deserves more credit being from another country, not speaking the language, only playing 350 minutes of English football, and being at the least 2 years younger than every other player on the pitch with a blue shirt on.

Should have shouted to him on the pitch and them given him both barrels after the game. That is a 30 million asset down the drain now.

If his attitude doesn't change, isn't he a 30 million asset down the drain anyways?....

It's December and Kean has failed to make any impact yet.... And didn't look fit enough today... What the hell is going with him off the pitch?!... Silva didn't want to play him, Ferguson probably only played him today because of other injuries....

Dropped last month for being late again for a team meeting, same issue while away with Italy...

Sadly starting to make sense why Juve let him go...

Being subbed on and off with 2 mins to go in old trafford live before millions is more than a little tough love for a struggling 19 yo
Its obvious being nice about it like Silva was, wasn't making any difference to the lad.

Kean was clearly given a very simple task that Niasse was able to do better. Now if you're a professional footballer and Niasse is doing your job better then you're then you deserve every bit of stick your manager give you and much more besides.

Kean should man up and grow up. He's nearly a twenty year old man, not a school kid.

I think it was the right decision.

It wouldn't hurt if Fergusson expressed some sympathy towards the lad privately though. A simple explanation is what should happen.

I genuinely think whenever Kean goes on he is trying to do something special to show he deserves a start. Unfortunately we didn't need him doing that today.

For me his "laziness" is really the incompatibility of his efforts with the actual state of the game at the time, including over and under exertion at the wrong times. I don't think there is an actual attitude problem.

Not a comparable situation. Spurs were 2-0 down and chasing the game. They needed to sacrifice a defensive player for an offensive one. Also, Dier hadn’t just been subbed on.

because the plan wasn’t working, the situation is the same as is he wanted the shape to be kept and certain things to be done. It’s irrelevant if a persons be subbed on, professional footballer needs to do what the manager asked, if he hasn’t then he’s hooked

I’m glad he had the balls to do it. It’ll be a long time now before anyone dare go against what the manager asks otherwise they’ll look like a tit on world tv

Kean has consistently performed poorly in all of his albeit limited appearances.

In the United match today; we looked likely to score a 2nd, and then immediately after the Kean sub looked certain to concede.

This was due to Kean not executing the game plan as instructed. He had to come off to save the point.

If Duncan made a mistake; it was putting Kean on in the first place. I’m glad he had the courage to make the change for the team, despite the fact it clearly acknowledged that he had made a mistake.

I am happy with a manager that is able to put aside his ego in order to put the team first.

Status
Not open for further replies.