Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison had to tell him where he was playing...despite him getting instructions before he came on.

He then looked shattered and DCL had to yell at him twice to come closer to him...

Looked like he was on the lash all night...zero fitness.

Could be the making of him if hes been slacking behind the scenes...

Not sure we even know that tbh, there is probably some timeline where he wasn’t subbed and gifted United a 94 minute winner!

There might well be, however a battling performance and a narrow loss away against an in form utd wouldn't be a disaster, despite us needing the point. If a promising youngsters career is cut short because of that, it may be worse in the long run, especially if he goes on to become a top player at another club.

Maybe like another poster suggested, this kick up the bum spurs him on to get a hat trick on Wednesday. Who knows what timeline we are in. ;)

It’s impossible to say really, without knowing the proper reason it happened. If he genuinely wanted to waste time it was a really, really bad decision. If he wasn’t following instructions or pulling his weight it’s the right thing to do. It’s senior football, you have to be treated as an adult in that environment.

At the end of the day you can say he’s one of the worlds top talents as much as you want, but the opposition just sent a young striker on who won them a point (again), we sent ours on and his biggest contribution was an awful touch followed by a stupid foul. He’s got to actually produce something to justify this reputation he has, so far we’ve seen absolutely nothing.
Agreed, I’d love to know where this ‘reputation’ came from. Can’t see Italy’s biggest club offloading ‘one of the worlds top talents’ for 30m

He better talks to Kean and makes it clear.
It is time to show his man management skill :yellow:
Yeah how this plays out over the next few days is key. Dunc has shown he can be harsh but hopefully will also show he can be fair and go through in detail exactly what lead to the decision and be clear on how Moise can improve. Then it will be up to the lad himself.

It looked to me like he wasn't sure where he was supposed to be playing - which is the staff's fault IMO, Ferguson said he couldn't get the communication done - and that paired with a couple of loose touches and silly freekicks given away made the manager think he might cost the team the game. Very unfortunate, but the situation we're in we can't afford to be taking individual players' feelings into account.

Agreed, I’d love to know where this ‘reputation’ came from. Can’t see Italy’s biggest club offloading ‘one of the worlds top talents’ for 30m

Reputation came from Juve and italian international games where he was heralded as being a future superstar.

Reason he was sold was because he was consistently racially abused and only had 1 year on his contract. Also Juve have top class forwards ahead of him like Ronaldo.

If he's not happy and thinks it's going to cost the team then yes he was in the right. There is no time for feelings if you can't even get the basics right as a player. I know he's 19 and it does seem harsh but we need the points first and foremost.

I’m really not a fan of the substitution. The statistics and vision make obvious Kean wasn’t doing as Ferguson wanted him too.

However, I think there’s much better ways to go about managing young players, especially one who’s so low on confidence.
How do you know he’s low on confidence

I can recall Howard Kendall doing exactly the same thing to Neil Adams during the 1986 Charity Shield. I remember HK saying he was furious with him for acting like a headless chicken when he got on and not following his instructions so quickly hooked him. Maybe something similar happened today?

Status
Not open for further replies.