Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking emotion and romance out the equation , If Kean didn't follow instruction on top of strolling around the pitch then yes Dunc was correct. The message should be clear to everybody at the club.

On the other hand if you include hipster or emotion then, the lads confidence is shattered and he looked like he will need to talk to somebody.

Yeah if Dunc makes a habit of this, like Jose for instance, it is a different story.

Willing to give Ferguson the benefit of the doubt because a) the other young players like DCL look like they will run through a brick wall for him b) he isn’t the only manager who appears to have had issues with Kean.

We have to back the manager whatever so what's done is done, it's just an unnecessary event.

Think we’ve seen the last of Kean in an Everton shirt. Obviously has not settled in this country, but hasn’t exactly endeared himself to the club with his attitude. Ferguson was trying to get a result. The team and the club is far bigger then any individual. If Kean wasn’t following instructions he was right to be subbed.

I do like him in charge but it’s been a rapid learning curve for him and he probably needs to work on man management. I don’t want him to pull a Roy keane on the touch line.

4 points from Chelsea at home and Man U away. if he sees the lack of effort as a contributing factor towards the goal, why shouldn’t he hook him?

If we’d gotten beat I’d understand. But how often does a new manager come in with these 2 fixtures as his first two and not lose one? Hypothetical I know, but I doubt many would have.

If we had lost the game then fair enough have a go at the manager for a poor decision. Kean obviously wasn’t doing what he had been sent on for. No it’s not good to be subbed like that but if he wants to be a top professional he will have to learn to do as he is told,especially while he is this young. As long as the manager is consistent with doing this to players then it shouldn’t be a concern.
Also remember a couple of weeks ago we all wanted the whole team subbed off for not showing passion and fight.

He's not going to come out and call him a lazy, ignorant, tactically naive Bell on camera is he?
Subbing him off was a clear message, regardless of form the minimum requirement is you give 100%, if you can't do that you don't play...
The lad clearly has talent, if he could just match Dom's desire and effort we'd have a serious player on our hands, it's down to him now

This.

It's about setting a standard and keeping the players to it. There's bound to be causalities in that situation, but as long as the requirements of the players is within their abilities, it will serve a common good.

The real skill in man management is what happens now. I hope conversations will take place/work on the training pitch so the lad feels he's being supported.

What was the point in putting him on? Surely Dunc has seen in training what Kean does and doesn't do.
He should know Kean is a player who needs the ball at his feet and he will run at goal, not a DCL type who will run about a lot keeping players busy.

In modern day football you can get away with what Duncan has done a handful of times before the players will revolt. This could have been let go and Dunc could have pulled him aside tomorrow and said you didn't follow my instructions so you are out of the matchday squad for x games, then some love to say he believes in him if he works harder and that would have been that. A public execution does nobody any good.

Or he lets it go and his laziness costs us a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.