Walter Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news. If they gave awards for honesty, integrity, & humility he'd have had a house full of them. A true footballing man & a gentleman.

RIP
Yes, honesty, integrity and humility Walter had them all especially integrity, pity there hasn’t been much integrity at Everton since he left and is needed more than ever now. Rest in Peace Walter your place in football is assured.

I think in fairness, he got had off by Peter Johnson tbh, like everyone else.

False promises of money to spend.
Of you're right - he did; also, Johnson's ownership is a blemish on a club, which I think still impacts us to some degree today.

However, I still think think back, namely to the 98/99 and 99/2000 seasons, and feel that we dramatically underperformed.

Of you're right - he did; also, Johnson's ownership is a blemish on a club, which I think still impacts us to some degree today.

However, I still think think back, namely to the 98/99 and 99/2000 seasons, and feel that we dramatically underperformed.
Thank goodness we’ve left those days in the rear view

Thank goodness we’ve left those days in the rear view
Without wanting to go off topic from paying respects to Smith, I am starting to feel that without BMD the tenure of Moshiri would be slipping in the same direction.

Obviously not in terms of investment because Moshiri has put money forward, but in terms of under performance it has similarities.

Without wanting to go off topic from paying respects to Smith, I am starting to feel that without BMD the tenure of Moshiri would be slipping in the same direction.

Obviously not in terms of investment because Moshiri has put money forward, but in terms of under performance it has similarities.
Yeah wasn’t my intention either .

99 Kevin Campbell , thanks for a glorious night and an even better night out .

Drew 14 games in1999/2000 convert a few of those into wins and we’d have been right up the table.

We only lost one more game than Leeds in 3rd

Drew 14 games in1999/2000 convert a few of those into wins and we’d have been right up the table.

We only lost one more game than Leeds in 3rd
Which is a part of what I am saying.

There was a fair bit of optimism around the club with some positive signings, which rightly or wrongly perhaps now aren't perceived that way due to hindsight.

I always felt we had the capability to push on, but for one reason or another we didn't. Then, certain clubs grew and the Sky 'top six' became truly established.

Status
Not open for further replies.