Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
They signed Rudiger.

I think the barkley, niasse, McCarthy etc money is all earmarked for Sigurdsson and a forward but as Swansea surprised us by asking for more than expected + we cant sell mori because he is injured then we will be lucky to get the Icelander in and a forward.
I missed that one. Ooops. still need another probably unless they use one of the million loannees from last season as a squad player this.

It would be a surprise if the deals for Gylfi and a striker were financed by sales of those mentioned seeing as we thought we had a big transfer kitty available. I know the wage bill has shot up but I thought we could spend without having to sell now. May be proved wrong on that come September though.

go-away.gif

Ha ha you do that Thomas

I think the 3 young lids you have mentioned there, and Kenny for example, will get enough chances to play this season mate.

I think we will have a team for the premier league and a team for the cups, in most scenarios. Which would mostly be ideal.

We have to remember that form, injuries, suspensions etc do happen too. If they take their chance ala Davies then they will stake a claim into the team regardless and hopefully hold down a spot for a while.

I'm imagining Koeman to be doing A LOT of chopping and changing with the front 3 forwards etc also, as he learns which is our best attacking set up etc.

I could even see us having differing set ups between Home and Away games depending on who we are playing, hopefully being beneficial to us as our away form last season was poor.

Finally, given the tremendously difficult start to a season we have in our first 5 games I think the young lads will not all be thrown in at once during this, they will be used more sparingly. We need them riding high on confidence, and one of them taking their chances well should encourage the others.

If we had a full compliment and new signings then I imagine koeman would go with Sigurdsson, Giroud, Rooney, Bolasie, Mirallas and Lennon which is 6 players for 3 positions....it just makes it very tough for DCL, Lookman and Dowell to get in there.

I'm not expecting that Sigurdsson and Giroud would get us the top 4 so really for me its meh....id rather finish 7th and have all the kids get quality game time than 5th and have 70mil+ spent on those two...

The following season the quality and progression of the young players would or at least should improve the squad to such an extent that we don't need to sign squad players...just the very best to go for top 4.

If Lennon bolasie and Mirallas were moved on or not a barrier then id be swayed...

Only passing it on, so don't shoot me.

I know a physio at Everton () anyway, he was saying that RK has been in contact with Soton and Van Dijk, Soton would prefer to deal with us although he wants them, Koeman has been selling the Club to Virgil, thing is if we put a bid in and they accept it, it puts Virgil in a sticky position. I reckon there's still a chance.

Interesting snippet from a Saints ITK about Van Dijk thinking about other 'top' clubs. Dont know if we fall into that category though - suppose he is talking about City as Chelsea have pulled their interest and Arsenal wont be buying him. I suppose if he is as desparate to leave and Liverpool arnt an option due to everything thats happened, then maybe thats why RK is trying to convince him.

"LR apparently is open to the idea of selling VVD providing a) the offer meets our valuation (sorry, I don't know what that is) and b) the deal is done with at least three weeks of the transfer window remaining to give us enough time to get a top quality replacement. In light of VVd's stance, we have stepped up our monitoring of the CB targets on our list and starting informal discussions with clubs. LR and VVD discussed Liverpool; both parties recognise that selling him to Liverpool would be a hugely unpopular move with our fanbase, even though Saints believe they will get the most money from Liverpool. Apparently, VVD has softened a little and would consider moving to another top club besides Liverpool. He's totally hell bent on leaving though. Interesting development - apparently Chelsea have indicated to VVD's agent that they no longer have an interest".

If we had a full compliment and new signings then I imagine koeman would go with Sigurdsson, Giroud, Rooney, Bolasie, Mirallas and Lennon which is 6 players for 3 positions....it just makes it very tough for DCL, Lookman and Dowell to get in there.

I'm not expecting that Sigurdsson and Giroud would get us the top 4 so really for me its meh....id rather finish 7th and have all the kids get quality game time than 5th and have 70mil+ spent on those two...

The following season the quality and progression of the young players would or at least should improve the squad to such an extent that we don't need to sign squad players...just the very best to go for top 4.

If Lennon bolasie and Mirallas were moved on or not a barrier then id be swayed...
Well to be fair... Bolasie is going to take a while to come back and fits my category of the away game team. Counter attacking and helping us push up the field more quickly.

We haven't actually signed sigurdsson and giroud yet, and I continue to forget Lennon is part of the squad. I imagine Lennon will be utilised in the Europa/cup games more so than the premier league games.

Partially agree with what you are saying between 5th-7th, any idea how much difference the income is for achieving those positions? And do we think 5th could help us attain a better calibre of player for the season after?

Err, Sandro??

I missed that one. Ooops. still need another probably unless they use one of the million loannees from last season as a squad player this.

It would be a surprise if the deals for Gylfi and a striker were financed by sales of those mentioned seeing as we thought we had a big transfer kitty available. I know the wage bill has shot up but I thought we could spend without having to sell now. May be proved wrong on that come September though.

Don't forget christenssen also came back from loan

Has the wage bill increased so much? Weve moved on a lot of players...more to go as well...we will know once the window closes.

Looking at the 'evidence' so far, @davek seems bang on the money. We made a lot of signings before the lukaku deal went through (and it appears to have been pre-agreed) and now were in for Sigurdsson prior to offloading more players I imagine.

I'm hoping its the strategy to get Sigurdsson in and then move on the rest of our squad players before we then spend big on a forward and centre back but it doesn't appear likely

Well to be fair... Bolasie is going to take a while to come back and fits my category of the away game team. Counter attacking and helping us push up the field more quickly.

We haven't actually signed sigurdsson and giroud yet, and I continue to forget Lennon is part of the squad. I imagine Lennon will be utilised in the Europa/cup games more so than the premier league games.

Partially agree with what you are saying between 5th-7th, any idea how much difference the income is for achieving those positions? And do we think 5th could help us attain a better calibre of player for the season after?

@sharkey1001 pointed out I omitted Sandro as well...7 players for three positions then adding in the 3 kids...10 players.

Massive overkill to me....makes no sense to me at all...im in favour of three starters and three kids any more is nuts.

Then at centre back we have Keane/Holgate for the right side and Williams/Jags on the left...opposites in quality and pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.