Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had a full compliment and new signings then I imagine koeman would go with Sigurdsson, Giroud, Rooney, Bolasie, Mirallas and Lennon which is 6 players for 3 positions....it just makes it very tough for DCL, Lookman and Dowell to get in there.

I'm not expecting that Sigurdsson and Giroud would get us the top 4 so really for me its meh....id rather finish 7th and have all the kids get quality game time than 5th and have 70mil+ spent on those two...

The following season the quality and progression of the young players would or at least should improve the squad to such an extent that we don't need to sign squad players...just the very best to go for top 4.

If Lennon bolasie and Mirallas were moved on or not a barrier then id be swayed...
You would rather finish 7th with kids than 5th with 2 quality established prem players, Jesus Aitch

Sell to buy is a good model, Spurs and Chelsea have done alright with it.
Spurs have, Chelsea moved to that model after a long period of big spending. It is easier to maintain a top level squad with a couple of additions a year than to build one that way. Spurs have been impressive with their recruitment strategy and I agree we should be looking to emulate that model.

If we had a full compliment and new signings then I imagine koeman would go with Sigurdsson, Giroud, Rooney, Bolasie, Mirallas and Lennon which is 6 players for 3 positions....it just makes it very tough for DCL, Lookman and Dowell to get in there.

I'm not expecting that Sigurdsson and Giroud would get us the top 4 so really for me its meh....id rather finish 7th and have all the kids get quality game time than 5th and have 70mil+ spent on those two...

The following season the quality and progression of the young players would or at least should improve the squad to such an extent that we don't need to sign squad players...just the very best to go for top 4.

If Lennon bolasie and Mirallas were moved on or not a barrier then id be swayed...

This is odd.

Just want Everton finish as high as possible in the table.

If this deal happens it's because of death threats from @tommye lol
DEXATI20170724172040.png

Status
Not open for further replies.