Vaughan Fit Again(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I think Vaughan needs time. He's a talented lad but he's needs a good pre-season under his belt, he needs time and he needs to keep focused.

He's definatly training though. He was training with Baines and seemed to be moving well. He'll be a good option from the bench this season. He proved last season that he's got the pace, agression, workrate and enthusiasm to change a game or liven it up. If Yakubu or Cahill are having an off day he's a good option for me.

Hopefully he stays fit and completes the pre-season. That is key for him. If he does that he'll be alot stronger going into the season.

To be fair I think Vaughan needs time. He's a talented lad but he's needs a good pre-season under his belt, he needs time and he needs to keep focused.

He's definatly training though. He was training with Baines and seemed to be moving well. He'll be a good option from the bench this season. He proved last season that he's got the pace, agression, workrate and enthusiasm to change a game or liven it up. If Yakubu or Cahill are having an off day he's a good option for me.

Hopefully he stays fit and completes the pre-season. That is key for him. If he does that he'll be alot stronger going into the season.

Yeah I remember thinking a similar lines last season and then he popped his shoulder out.... i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for him. Perhaps Basil will use a layer of bubble wrap underneath his kit.

A healthy Vaughan and, even more so, Cahill are key to next years campaign. Cahill seems like such a difference maker in the attacking third and having someone like Vaughan to come in is really nice.

It's the way he plays on the field that makes him so injury prone. He throws himself about and puts his body in very dangerous positions. If he doesn't change that and doesn't start playing carefully then he'll never make it.

I think he'll get over his injuries to be honest. What people forget is he's never had a full pre-season. He's never been in a position where he's actually been in peak condition. If you’re not in peak condition in the Premier League you’re going to get found out physically.

He’s obviously not been 100% and has suffered some horrible injuries, Injuries that happen to anyone. He’s not like Michael Owen for example or even our very own Van Der Meyde. These types of player continually pick up similar small injuries that blight them throughout there career. Vaughan is getting all types of injuries like a dislocated shoulder, a bad knee and a severed artery.

As I’ve said get him fit, look after him and keep him fit. He’s just a boy and he does need protecting. Players like Osman where continually struck down by bad injuries and now look at him. He’s got over them and is now one of our key players. Vaughan will do the same in my opinion. He’s got so much potential and even at this young age has shown he’s capable of competing in the Premiership.

I think he'll get over his injuries to be honest. What people forget is he's never had a full pre-season. He's never been in a position where he's actually been in peak condition. If you’re not in peak condition in the Premier League you’re going to get found out physically.

He’s obviously not been 100% and has suffered some horrible injuries, Injuries that happen to anyone. He’s not like Michael Owen for example or even our very own Van Der Meyde. These types of player continually pick up similar small injuries that blight them throughout there career. Vaughan is getting all types of injuries like a dislocated shoulder, a bad knee and a severed artery.

As I’ve said get him fit, look after him and keep him fit. He’s just a boy and he does need protecting. Players like Osman where continually struck down by bad injuries and now look at him. He’s got over them and is now one of our key players. Vaughan will do the same in my opinion. He’s got so much potential and even at this young age has shown he’s capable of competing in the Premiership.

Hope you're right mate, they aren't that type of continual niggle, however it's unfortunate that he dislocated his shoulder as that tends to recur when it has happened once

I think we will see Vaughny have a full season this year. If he gets a full pre season under his belt and Baz looks after him right Im sure we will reap the rewards on teh pitch.

Hope you're right mate, they aren't that type of continual niggle, however it's unfortunate that he dislocated his shoulder as that tends to recur when it has happened once

Its ok, once he gets used to it happining he can just pop it back in like Riggs in Lethal Weapon and keep on playing! b)

woohoo vaughans great, i dont think he will get injured this season, his injuries have been 'freak' collisions, he may just be more careful now, which is good and bad...

but vaughan brings pace, determination, a good shot, acrobatic over head kicks too :), hopefully he can start a couple of games this season, get 5 goals or so...id be happy :)

Vaghan is one if not one of the most talented youngsters in England, hes better then the likes of Agbonlhor etc.

Hes an Everton Legend in waiting he has so many positive componets to his game it scares me of how good he can become, i drool over thougtht of four year time and we could have a strikeforce of Baxter and Vaughan.

Vaghan was one of the biggest reasons we got into the Ufa cup season before lad, my abiding memory is of blood pumping out of his boot at the Reebok! We are a funny bunch we give out about players, showing a lack of commitment and those that do we give out to for being injured all the time!

Can we sto slagging of the injured players as well thats Arteta, Vaghan, Cahill and Baines after getting a pasting latlely!

Status
Not open for further replies.