Vaughan Fit Again(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah mate didnt he score in the win away to Villa, at Chelsea and Bolton (which was a massive game), I remeber him latching on to a ball carrying it for a bit and sticking it away it was a bit fortitous though. Do you not see promise to do so much at 18 with little expierence or game time come to think of it.

You know how this one ends mate we're not going to agree, and theres a movie i wanna watch on telly at ten, and company alot more comfortable then this chair im sitting on waiting for me!

No Lescott scored the goal against Villa (Away). I think he is ok but not great and certainly nowhere the potential to be an Everton legend. Wouldnt mind seeing him tried as a winger/centre midfield to be honest

Vaughny gives us something different, I really rate this guy and think he could well be our first choice number 9 in two seasons.

Hes strong, good in the air, quick and can finish all that equals a decent number 9.

I hope his injuries are behind him, I have a feeling they are.

Halewood- which of our players do you like?

I dont see him as an out and out striker. More a 2nd striker/attacking midfielder. Think he would do well with runs from deep

A second striker/attacking midfielder? Are you being serious?

He's an out and out striker. He's like a more robust version of Andy Johnson. He runs in behind defenses, he goes for headers and he runs the channels. He's very much a first striker.

He doesn't have the attributes to play as a second striker. You need touch, technique and dribbling ability and I wouldn't say he's amazing in any of these areas. He's got pace, aerial ability, agression, finishing abillity and intelligence. All these make him potentially a good centre forward.

Why try and make him something he's not?

A second striker/attacking midfielder? Are you being serious?

He's an out and out striker. He's like a more robust version of Andy Johnson. He runs in behind defenses, he goes for headers and he runs the channels. He's very much a first striker.

He doesn't have the attributes to play as a second striker. You need touch, technique and dribbling ability and I wouldn't say he's amazing in any of these areas. He's got pace, aerial ability, agression, finishing abillity and intelligence. All these make him potentially a good centre forward.

Why try and make him something he's not?

lollol
Sorry your serious, now your trying to make him something he isnt

Would take AJ any day over Vaughan, he is more of a complete player

How?

Vaughan is just as quick, stronger, has a better first touch, better in the air, has a better goals to game ratio and works just as hard.

I struggle to see what Johnson has over him bar experience.

How?

Vaughan is just as quick, stronger, has a better first touch, better in the air, has a better goals to game ratio and works just as hard.

Thats just it isnt- he has experience and is proven. I think Vaughny will BECOME a better player than AJ although at the moment you have to take AJ every time.

How?

Dont think he is as quick to be honest. As for being stronger, thats like the word 'robust', Vaughan quite clearly isnt any of these things. He has a better goals record because he never plays and has never had a full season behind him.
If were talking about younger players i actually prefer Big Vic who may be still a bit raw but i can see him developing more than vaughan will. Extremely strong with an eye for goal

Thats just it isnt- he has experience and is proven. I think Vaughny will BECOME a better player than AJ although at the moment you have to take AJ every time.

That doesn't make him a better player though does it which is what where discussing?

Is Johnson better than Rooney? No he's not despite having more experience.

Vaughan every time for me.

Both players are good players. Both have different qualities. I'm expecting a big season off AJ if he doesn't leave, hopefully a fit pre season will have him back to his old self.

Dont think he is as quick to be honest. As for being stronger, thats like the word 'robust', Vaughan quite clearly isnt any of these things. He has a better goals record because he never plays and has never had a full season behind him.
If were talking about younger players i actually prefer Big Vic who may be still a bit raw but i can see him developing more than vaughan will. Extremely strong with an eye for goal

There's not much difference in terms of pace between the two. According to Yobo he's the quickest in the squad followed by Vaughan or AJ.

Have you watched Vaughan before? Anyone who's watched him would agree he's a strong player. Every time he played he bullied centre halfs. Maybe not as strong as Victor but he's still strong and definatly stronger than AJ.

Victor will never be as good as Vaughan. I think he'll be a decent premier League striker but he's got nowhere near the same potential. If Vaughan gets over his injuries I've very positive he'll be alot better than Vic.

Vic's two years ahead in terms of development yet Vaughan has impressed alot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.