VAR

Proper weird that you're all making excuses for these 💩 refs, i'm really not arsed if it's them, the refs in the PL are spoiling the game and that decision on Saturday was just the pinnacle of their utter incompetency.
Why do you say this? Are you suggesting that it was VAR's biggest error?

If so, you might want to consider numerous other bad decisions that have been made.

How do you know it's never happened before? Have you had access and listened to the VAR staff's conversations for every VAR decision that there's been?
Dear oh dear, this is basic. I can’t prove something hasn’t happened. I can only say I don’t have an example of it happening. Therefore as far as I am aware it has never happened before. As I keep saying, name an example of an equivalent situation. It’s the sign of poor character not to even attempt to be objective.

It's funny because it's them, but there are so many voices just in that one short clip (ref, assistant ref, VAR, assistant VAR, replay guy, fourth official) that crosstalk and confusion are inevitable, it's a preposterous setup.
that system is broken and has set up the individuals to fail. If it wasn't this bunch that failed, it would be another group of officials. They'll pat themselves om the back as having solved the problem when the problem is a systematic one not a human one (as a root cause).

I mentioned this in the Today’s Football thread last night when I was watching it, but thought I’d post this here now the highlights are out.

Porto denied a blatant (imo) penalty, after a VAR review had deemed the striker had handled it first. It genuinely gets more baffling the more I watch it. And Anthony Taylor is meant to be one of the “best” in England ffs?! How the hell can Taylor honestly think this is a handball by the Porto player, do they have different criteria for handballs in European comps or something?!

3:37 for the incident

wow!!! and lets compare that to the Rodri handball against us.

1696532858392.png

Dear oh dear, this is basic. I can’t prove something hasn’t happened. I can only say I don’t have an example of it happening. Therefore as far as I am aware it has never happened before. As I keep saying, name an example of an equivalent situation. It’s the sign of poor character not to even attempt to be objective.
You're saying it's 'unprecedented' as it's never happened before. How many times have the actual VAR conversations been released for VAR decisions?

That attitude doesn’t move us forward and keeps those fools there making stupid mistakes and inconsistent. There have to be moves to improve VAR and as I said earlier, while Webb is there with his police cover up attitude nothing will change.

VAR is meant to mitigate, not eliminate mistakes. To think any system is foolproof is folly. Nothing will ever be successful by that measure.

It’s not poor refereeing. The officials made the correct decision but it wasn’t implemented. I can’t think of a single occasion where that has happened. It brings the entire game into disrepute because the officials confirmed a goal had been scored and it wasn’t included in the final score. That has never happened before. Liverpool are right to complain about it.
I think you're splitting hairs. Not sure why. Whether it's happened before is irrelevant. A poor decision is a poor decision.

Is it any worse than a goal being given when it shouldn't have (see post 546 in this thread for a good example). The given goal would wrongly be included in the final score.

This particular situation is unique in the way it happened, and shows a real issue with the system that we didn't really get until the audio was released.

I think our fans are blinded by hatred of Liverpool but I get that I'm the minority in not caring about them
But a lot of situations are unique but we just move on. The incident was different but a lot are.

Tell me when a comparable situation has occurred and I'll stand corrected. The closest is probably the Wolves disallowed goal against Liverpool but that isn't really the same because they made the correct decision based on the information that had at the time and that decision was implemented even if it was incorrect in hindsight. But even that is very different to the correct decision being made but not implemented.
We don't know as nowhere near as much scrutiny has been placed on it and no other club aa far as we know has requested audio and it been made public, so it's a moot point.

There are so many examples of it being wrong calls, such as the Onana(goalie) challenge at Old Trafford.

The fact is bad decisions, under public scrutiny or not happen every single game pretty much but the furore is nowhere near like this incident.

VAR is absolutely dog turd in its current format, it needs binning off completely imo but your assertion that they(as in Liverpool) should I some way be rewarded because they shouted the loudest is pure kopite behaviour, yes they can feel aggrieved yes they can protest but where does it end, certainly NOT a replay.

Just give it up as a pursuit, it's futile and you are clearly in a minority, certainly on here.

It's done, we move on, as we and many others have and will.