VAR

It was supposed to be for clear and obvious decisions.. if you have to fiddle about with lines for ages deciding on millimeters for an offside decision then it isn't clear and obvious.. they should have 15 seconds for a VAR review if they can't decide in that length of time then it's not clear and obvious so the decision on the field stands.
Imposing a time limit on VAR referee decisions will help no one. Clear and Obvious itself can be a problem, i.e., 'fine margins' argument. If they are able to make a 'correct' judgment after all the time they need, it might be digestible. But consider how the clear and obvious means something else entirely for sky favorites, such a disparity is what is an issue and not the time limit.

I just like seeing and hearing it. Mistakes happen. Lapses in concentration happen and we are only human. I can sympathise with the VAR guy who got mixed up. Obviously the process can still be improved to eliminate something such a trivial error and I wish they would give us the audio feeds more often.

It's funny because it's them, but there are so many voices just in that one short clip (ref, assistant ref, VAR, assistant VAR, replay guy, fourth official) that crosstalk and confusion are inevitable, it's a preposterous setup.
It's amazing how much press it's got and how much concessions have been made by PGMOL and the PL all because the RS finally had a decision go against them. Wolves, for example, have had an horrendous run if decisions go against them, was any audio released? Was there wall to wall tabloid coverage? No, of course not. It's hilarious all the "should the match be replayed" shouts that are normally confined to the weird fan groups on social media are getting raised on supposedly reputable journalists sites and columns all because one, just one, bad decision went against their favourites.

Listening to that audio and it's pretty clear why so many bad decisions are made. It's an absolute mess of a process that isn't fit for purpose for the supposed best league in the world. It's pure schoolboy stuff, all this ''it takes too much time'' is a load of nonsense as well, prioritise making the right decision above all else no matter how long it takes.

It's not good enough to excuse mistakes on being human or having a lapse of concentration. These are very well paid supposed professionals in a very specific job and they are failing. In any other line of work you are sacked for being terrible.

Yes I'm still bitter about Keane's goal against Fulham.

Proper weird that you're all making excuses for these 💩 refs, i'm really not arsed if it's them, the refs in the PL are spoiling the game and that decision on Saturday was just the pinnacle of their utter incompetency.

Goes back to what Ive always said....let the ref be in charge. 1 man. If he wants help, he should ask.
In an ideal world I agree, but the problem with the egos on these refs is that if the system was that the referee could only request help they probably wouldn't have the humility to admit they are unsure.

For me it's maybe time to get the automated offside system on board and for the rest maybe have a limited number of NFL style coaches challenges or something but that audio shows how absurd and chaotic it is to have 7 officials involved in each and every decision.

Not sure what has got people so worked up over the audio. It completely backs up their explanation that it was a big [Poor language removed] up that’s it.
Not really, it confirms even more to me that their incompetent at their job. Lets home things change after this cos the standard of refereeing cannot get much worse.