Utd and Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it’s all about what we do in the transfer market as to whether we compete with the top 6. At the end of the day though, as of now we are 14 pts behind Man U, 16 pts behind Arsenal and 17 pts behind Chelsea (all 3 have a game in hand on us as well) and they’ve all supposedly had poor seasons. I think bridging the gap isn’t going to be as easy as we may think.

We've thrown away a load of points this season when being the better side. Some of our results show that they could be top 6 side if they are a bit more clinical. If we get a goalscorer we could easily be in that group. However we'll also be relying on teams like Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal having another inconsistent season though.

We've thrown away a load of points this season when being the better side. Some of our results show that they could be top 6 side if they are a bit more clinical. If we get a goalscorer we could easily be in that group. However we'll also be relying on teams like Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal having another inconsistent season though.

I agree mate, the problem is though that point could also relate to a lot of other teams in the prem.

Happy with a 55 point season next season, as long as we are kind to one another
Happy with 55 points next season? We could still get more than that this season. We have shown a lot of improvement in the last few weeks especially at home, we need to carry that on and go almost unbeaten at home winning alot more than drawing, away form home needs improvement, the team looks like its starting to gel, get Zouma and Gomez in and 2 New players RB and Striker, and replace any first team players we sell, minimal disruption in the window, there's been a lot of changes in the last 2 summer windows and it's only starting to come together another summer of 5+ new players sets us back again. 65 points + next season.

The scary thing is how far ahead those teams are in spite of themselves.. they must all be glad the season didn’t start a month ago.. frommour perspective wish it had...

Issue is if they all need to rebuild that has a knock on for us.. we would be looking at a lot of the same players and prices could be badly inflated too...prefer a quiet summer from the guys above us! But we don’t need an overhaul.. although lose Gana and we don’t own Zouma or Gomes and all of a sudden we have more than a striker and a RB to fill.

According to tonight's red Echo, we could well be shipping out up to 20 players in the Summer.

We need keep Zouma and Gomes for starters, and hopefully we can identify a prolific forward.

Top 6 could then be viewed as a realistic target.

;)

Sounds a lot but that including some academy players who should not be counted as first team squad players in the first place.

They have had new managers and up and down seasons and still miles ahead of us. I expect us to be battling more with Wolves and Leicester next than any of the top 6.
We have plenty of players to get rid of before we can spend money and if we dont keep Zouma and Gomes we will need rebuilding ourselves.

Agre, step by step. We are historically crap over the xmas period, let’s have a good start to next season (like we did this season) improve on the xmas period where there a lot of games and finish strong. Would be nice if we could at least push that top 6 all the way and have goodison as it has been over the last month or so. Goodison needs to be a fortress and as mentioned we need to be getting wins away from home from those around us in the table

Imagine how brilliant it would be to get maximum points over the Xmas period!

When was the last time we did that?

Happy with 55 points next season? We could still get more than that this season. We have shown a lot of improvement in the last few weeks especially at home, we need to carry that on and go almost unbeaten at home winning alot more than drawing, away form home needs improvement, the team looks like its starting to gel, get Zouma and Gomez in and 2 New players RB and Striker, and replace any first team players we sell, minimal disruption in the window, there's been a lot of changes in the last 2 summer windows and it's only starting to come together another summer of 5+ new players sets us back again. 65 points + next season.

Part of the reason i wasnt getting to carried away with the improvement is on paper 3 homes wins against chelsea arsenal and united looks good. Truth is all 3 of them were awful. Chelsea 2nd half anyway. And sandwiched in between them we went away to fulham. Out of those 4 games only fulham got in our face and we wasn't up for the fight.
We still have a lot of improvement to do ourselves. Arsenal's away performances since has also shown more. Other teams around us have put the games to bed against them. They should never have got to the last 10 mins at Goodison with even a sniff of nicking a draw.
Def an improvement from earlier in the season(hard not to improve on some of it)
But i think some are getting carried away what will happen next season on results that you could easly pick holes in as to why they were not as good as they look. This is an Everton forum and we're only kidding ourselves if we dont dig a bit deeper and be honest.
Interestingly i found the game yesterday at palace the most satisfying. Palace have been pretty decent and not many go to their place and win the battle to dominate the game. Which was exactly what i was looking for after rolling over at fulham. That for me is more of an improvement than the wins against chelsea united and arsenal.

Make you right. Genuinely think if arsenal went away to huddersfield right now they would get turned over. Dont mean to be glass half empty type but the 3 wins against them doesnt for me have any bearing on next season as they have all came to Goodison and been united arsenal and chelsea in name only. 3 very average sides. Being kind with average aswell.

At the moment everything feels great, and it is all smiles but the table doesn't lie we are solid mid table. A good end to the season and we are optimistic. However a large section of the season was rubbish and prior to the win away at Cardiff I wondered where the next point was coming from.

We have to get back to winning nearly every home game, and then trying to win away and who knows. The top two are miles away the rest not so much. Let's win a cup and get a real positive vibe with substance going.

Said the exact thing in the Moshiri but the clique came and shut me down and oh look there’s a 5 page thread.

We have a huge opportunity and hopefully Davies signing new deal means stuff is going to pick up now

:D Yep feels like it!

Actually,I may be wrong but the last time we got maximum points from the four games over the Christmas/New Year period was 1986/87 and we all know how that season finished!

In 2004/5 we won 3 and drew 1 and ended up finishing fourth so there is some link there.

But usually it's a pretty miserable time for us!

:D Yep feels like it!

Actually,I may be wrong but the last time we got maximum points from the four games over the Christmas/New Year period was 1986/87 and we all know how that season finished!

In 2004/5 we won 3 and drew 1 and ended up finishing fourth so there is some link there.

But usually it's a pretty miserable time for us!

Well we didn’t do well last Xmas and it basically ruined our season so you’re right in thinking a good Xmas is essential for having a good season imo

I think both these clubs are facing a big rebuild if we are brave and ambitious as a club we can get amongst these 2 in a battle for 4-6 place

I agree
And either Sarri will be sacked and another new rebuild at Chelsea, or Chelsea are anyway vulnerable under Sarri. We have to get in it next year. The early and late season form of ours has been excellent, and I hope we can match that over the first 20 games next year, at least, because the momentum will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.