Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take as I find. I find Moshiri after 4 years to be an utter bellend. An embarrassment for the club, a man who,s overseen financial waste, a man who's robbed us of our identity.

Others somehow see in all that failure a saviour.

It isn't really me and other Moshiri-sceptics who need to account for themselves is it?
enlighten me what identity we have? I am 41, I was in Goodison Park in 87 to see us lift the league. Since the prem was formed I've seen a board go with the flow of a media narrative of 'punching above their weight', great charity attached to the club no doubt but if the identity is a cuddly family insular club then I am all for someone to try & change the culture of it as I am sick of us us just existing. As for financial waste I agree, much more nous is needed but we actually look now like we are on the right path & before him we didn't even have a penny to waste

What is our identity exactly, and how has Moshiri robbed us of in his 4 years in charge?

I`m not impressed with how much money has been wasted on players and sacking managers since he has taken over, but wouldn't go as far as saying he's an utter bellend or an embarrassment for the club, considering how the previous 20 years had gone under the leadership of The Worlds Biggest Evertonian.
Our identity: a club that has respect and makes the right noises in public, has a football philosphy or bringing through home grown talent, a playing style that reflects camaraderie, which has hard work and skill in its teams in equal proportions, remains stable and doesn't make bold sackings every 12 months, uses its cash wisely and not like a drunken sailor on shore leave, and, above all, has some dignity and credibility.

enlighten me what identity we have? I am 41, I was in Goodison Park in 87 to see us lift the league. Since the prem was formed I've seen a board go with the flow of a media narrative of 'punching above their weight', great charity attached to the club no doubt but if the identity is a cuddly family insular club then I am all for someone to try & change the culture of it as I am sick of us us just existing. As for financial waste I agree, much more nous is needed but we actually look now like we are on the right path & before him we didn't even have a penny to waste
Yes, I agree. That culture after 87 isn't good enough. But I tell you what, it's a million times better than this undignified mess.

Our identity: a club that has respect and makes the right noises in public, has a football philosphy or bringing through home grown talent, a playing style that reflects camaraderie, which has hard work and skill in its teams in equal proportions, remains stable and doesn't make bold sackings every 12 months, uses its cash wisely and not like a drunken sailor on shore leave, and, above all, has some dignity and credibility.
you do realise that 'identity' was only born mid way through the Moyes era because we was skint, not being allowed to spend for windows at a time. Right noises? tell me what as the national media patronise & don't take us seriously so that counts for nothing. Team spirit I will agree but that is on players not just people above them. Football philosophy? hahaha how have we played for years, knife to a gun fight anyone? you moan for the sake of it, if you feel this negative Everton or football in general is not for you

I get why some are uneasy. We havent had success, but we could argue we retained our integrity at a time when many clubs sold there's out in return for outward investment.

Problem is that if we want to fulfill the word on the badge then we have to get past the oligarch clubs and the sports washing oil state clubs and the commercial powerhouses and due to FFP we have to do it without the massive truckloads of investor cash that some of them used to get in their current positions.

I get why some are uneasy. We havent had success, but we could argue we retained our integrity at a time when many clubs sold there's out in return for outward investment.

Problem is that if we want to fulfill the word on the badge then we have to get past the oligarch clubs and the sports washing oil state clubs and the commercial powerhouses and due to FFP we have to do it without the massive truckloads of investor cash that some of them used to get in their current positions.
& that is why we got left behind, why we can't sell kits abroad, why supporters of West Ham etc genuinely feel we are rivals. Investments can go wrong, im not naïve but football is moving on fast, you stand still you are going backwards. Money has been wasted & Walsh & Koeman have left us in a bad state squad wise but Moshiri is striving for us to back amongst the elite. Of course questions can be asked on certain things but the constant moaning is ridicule;ous. I could not agree more, there is no point in that motto unless we mean it. The charity has always maintained our class but the actual football side of things felt a sideshow to it at times

We were a bit like a bull in a China shop with new money. DBB made a comment in her AGM address, to paraphrase, that such losses were par for the course in a growth phase for an ambitious club. We would need to be having a season at a minimum like Leicesters for that to the case.

As it stands, it just seems undeniable that a lot of money has been spent for nothing in return and we are practically back at the drawing board as far as re-shaping the squad is concerned.

I think we have lost a part of our identity, on a base level that can be seen as regrettable, but part of this same identity associated with the club since the Moyes era - the identity put on us externally was quite patronising in the form of Plucky Old Everton, and no tears should be lost at the shedding of that element of it.

The footballing part of what would be linked with the traditional, homely Everton can still be regained but in all other aspects things will be diluted because of corporate and mass consumer football. I would love to be able to uphold the highest of ethical and moral standards when it comes to our owners and benefactors, but in reality, I would welcome any significant investment from Usmanov that would give us another tilt at competing. We are alsready massively behind and there is no quick or clean way to redress that.

It's pretty easy to be right about a club owner who's come in and piled on massive losses to the club and who's been through 5 managers in 4 years and has us in annual relegation battles at the start of each season.

You might see that as success, like...

I don't know about that my son, we were only two points off winning the league at the start of 2015.
God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.