Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd be recognised as being related parties so would have to keep the combined sponsorship under 30% of revenue, but, so longvas their books, and ours, show the money as legitametely coming from the companies, and not from individuals, then that just under 30% should be fine.

If Usmanov decides to pay himself a little less in dividends from Megafon / USM / mail.ru, and that drop in the divis covers the difference, then that would merely be a coincidence.
But Usmanov could ask 2 of his buddies with whom he has no tangible business links to get involved in the bidding process to push up the market price
He artificially increased the price of the Arsenal shares

But Usmanov could ask 2 of his buddies with whom he has no tangible business links to get involved in the bidding process to push up the market price
He artificially increased the price of the Arsenal shares

Don't think he needs to mate.

They'll have a very good idea of what they can get away with, will push things as close as they dare, but won't overstep the mark.

The Esk has just stated that he thinks the 30m option is "highly imaginative and quite brilliant" :)

Praise for Moshiri from Esk?

giphy.gif

How many times do we have to explain this to you
Listen closely and then report back to headquarters
An object or possession is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it
You might value your house at 200,000 but if someone offers you 500,000 that’s what it’s worth
Can you see where this is going
No
I’ll explain further mare you still listening
Feel free to interrupt if I lose you
Usmanov offered way over the market price for Kronkes shares knowing full well Kronke would not sell
By offering this amount he now set a new value for Arsenal and told Kronke how much the club was worth in his eyes
Kronke wanted to buy Arsenal outright so he could incorporate it in the states ( basically means register it )
So now to buy Usmanov out he had to pay well over market price because Usmanov had set the new value
Kronke could not say no because he needed to incorporate Arsenal in America so he could use them and their cash flow as collateral for loans for his other sporting franchises

Any questions ????
The crafty bugger

The FT interview is beginning to make a bit of sense now, I’m beginning to think there was a bit of strategy behind it. Obviously all knew this deal was going to come off. But Usi suggested he could sponsor and or threatened he could become a shareholder and buy in. To me that’s daring the PL to call this in and if they do, he’s willing to be more overt in his investment and come directly in.

Will the PL really marginalize a high profile Russian linked business man politically, will they open this can of worms and holistically what that could mean for others. Are the PL open to accusations of creating a top 6 cartel.

This is going to be fun.

I think you are right to highlight the FT interview. That is far from coincidental when you consider what has followed.

I agree that there is probably an implied threat in there about being a shareholder. Papers like the FT are ways of getting a message across. Even if its just to other investors who have connections to the PL. Conversations similar too "you better not mess Uksnaov around or he will formally buy into Everton" will be stated.

I think the interview was an attempt to throw a bone out and see the response. Had there been a formal response that the PL would have to look into things, or David Conn writing a piece in the Guardian etc he might have backed off. As it happens it passed through without incident.

That piece should now be read as "I am going to invest in Everton, either as a sponsor or an investor".

These things are rarely coincidental.

Status
Not open for further replies.