Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got a link to this?
0193666E-E5CA-45CC-AD7F-B5A17DF7AA13.png I got this from twitter. Not sure if anything else was posted on the site

Another thought struck me and this may be the ingenious part of all this. Bear with me though.

In FFP and PL financial regulations. Both Uefa and the PL allow you to write off revenue used to improve clun infrastruture stadium.

Note tonight, Sasha made the point that this capital is going to be used for Stadium Costs solely. These are deliberate purposeful words.

Will either the PL of FFP be arsed about sponsorship that wil be used to improve club infrastructure and inevitably be written off under their regulations, I would suggest not in addition to the other points we shared.

I can also see Everton setting up a separate company, like Everton Stadium Ltd that will be a financial vehicle to administer ground related funding the ground. A separate entity to Everton football club.

Anyway you want to frame it it’s, 30 mill for old rope, however the it might just be genius frames g it as a capital for the stadium with regulation.

Yes good points. They are definitely finding the grey areas of the regulation to work within.

I think you are right. This gets through. Especially as the law is above.

What's really clever though is that it establishes a principle and a market value. So of we agree 30m p/a moving forward it wont be as frowned upon. They have done similar re FF, starting at 6 and now doubling it. Start atbwhats achievable and work upwards.

Tonight with this, and the increase in FF weve wiped 36 million of our debt and are back to safer levels. If the levels of spend are sustained, it's over 50m p/a we get in addition, most of it new money to help.withbthe debts.

View attachment 76593I got this from twitter. Not sure if anything else was posted on the site

Thanks mate, considering the ambition of Wolves, and how most of their fans think they have city levels of wealth its quite striking he seems to look on obviously at us.

I will laugh mybhesd off if we have some clever scheme where the club pay back nominal fees, and essentially reap all.of the rewards. Heads falling off all over the place on RAWK, who seemed to believe this was going to be some sort of armageddon day.

They've been banging on about that Nike deal forever. Its 30m basic and heavily incentivised. Weve got 21 million for sleeve and training ground sponsorship, and probably 30m p/a for ground sponsorship. Oh dear.

Yes good points. They are definitely finding the grey areas of the regulation to work within.

What's really clever though is that it establishes a principle and a market value. So of we agree 30m p/a moving forward it wont be as frowned upon. They have done similar re FF, starting at 6 and now doubling it. Start at what's achievable and work upwards.

Tonight with this, and the increase in FF weve wiped 36 million of our debt and are back to safer levels. If the levels of spend are sustained, it's over 50m p/a we get in addition, most of it new money to help.withbthe debts.
It makes sense. It increases our commercial revenue which helps towards our FFP requirements.
Would this tactic not be something to consider going forward with BMD? Start at a lower number Year 1 and raise it every year thereafter?

Thanks mate, considering the ambition of Wolves, and how most of their fans think they have city levels of wealth its quite striking he seems to look on obviously at us.

I will laugh mybhesd off if we have some clever scheme where the club pay back nominal fees, and essentially reap all.of the rewards. Heads falling off all over the place on RAWK, who seemed to believe this was going to be some sort of armageddon day.

They've been banging on about that Nike deal forever. Its 30m basic and heavily incentivised. Weve got 21 million for sleeve and training ground sponsorship, and probably 30m p/a for ground sponsorship. Oh dear.
Until we challenge them on the park mate, we'll always be laughed at. It's the final piece to the jigsaw which, up until now, we can't seem to figure out.

Ha ha.
I will be honest, not that clued up on the finances of football, but very interesting reading on here and Twitter tonight. And it seems we finally have some clever, wealthy people running our club.

And you would hopefully think, there will be a lot of truth from the wolves poster. Who wouldn’t really have a reason to make something like that up.

What's really clever though is that it establishes a principle and a market value. So of we agree 30m p/a moving forward it wont be as frowned upon. They have done similar re FF, starting at 6 and now doubling it. Start atbwhats achievable and work upwards.

I think if the precedent is set it’s harder to roll back on. Finch farm funding was a precedent and set the funding model for the increase, if they allowed it then, it’s harder now to take issue with the 6 mill increase.

It will be the same with 30 mill, If it’s accepted, the precedent has been set like the training ground, while the window dressing points we have shared look strong mitigation.

I agree as with FF, it’s the first foot in the door with the powers that be, that then can be expanded on, while the boundaries in terms of market value have now been set.

Tonight is encouraging. We look a bit safer then I thought, but it’s left field stuff tonight, no one could have predicted.

It’s a win for Moshiri and Sasha, I wouldn’t ignore Sasha contribution to small fry sponsorship, it’s largely wiped out a non European revenue deficit that hugely impressive.

With the good vibes though, it’s also important to be fair. Moshiri/Usmanov have shown an amazing finial commitment to writing of our losses.

I will say, though his intentions are incredible, his/their decision making has been rank. He/we should never have been in a position that he/theyhad to fund 350 mill of losses and be looking over our shoulders at the championship year three into the project. Some of the decision making on DOFs, corportae governance and managers has been terrible. It’s fool and money stuff.

So while I’d commend him/them on getting us out of a hole, it’s important to recognize that bad decision making dug the hole in the first place. It might all work out in the end but getting there hasn’t and may not still be a path without adversity and clangers.

Last edited:

Leave Esk alone now.

I noticed yesterday he replied to

The incentivised kit sales is going to blow that £30m out the water with their global sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.