Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
No because he doesn't own any shares for that to happen

I can see him buying the naming rights to the ground but nothing more
Why would Usmanov do that ?
There is nothing in it for him only cost ?
We already know he wanted to buy into Premiership football and it wasn't because he loves Arsenal.
An investment in Everton or any Premiership club offers him the chance to fulfil his dream and make pots of money.

Were you born that stupid or is it something you have worked your whole life on ,if its the latter you can die knowing you succeeded
Its called options and long term planning

So if he'd gained control of Arsenal what would have happened here? Moshiri sold up?

Well, I didn;t realise he'd sold up there, tbh.

Still, this is just BS. If he was serious he'd have just done it.

He's either here now and invested in Everton surreptitiously via Moshiri, or he's fishing about for other clubs to invest in.
I think he has been here all the time but for different reasons it has been kept under wraps.
I think that when you look at what has happened at Everton since the arrival of Moshiri it is like a low key version of what happened with the City takeover, including throwing good money after bad at managers and players alike.

The way I see it is .
We sacked Silva
Napoli sacked Ancelotti.
We approached Ancelotti
He wanted guarantees on spending as he knew we had a new stadium in the pipeline
Usmanov (who is normally media shy) does a FT interview saying he will invest in everton if required
Usmanov meets Ancelotti and tells him the new stadium will have zero impact on the funds available
Ancelotti accepts the Everton job
Word gets out that Usmanov met Ancelotti
Usmanov shows his hand .............soon

Everton is a means to an end for them though, a new stadium on dockland which is going to see massive amount of investment, new hotels, restaurants, bars, appartments along with the new cruise terminal, these are business men who see the potential in the Liverpool waters scheme
Yup. And now Moshiri owns property at either side of the Liverpool Waters development area (BMD and the Liver Building) with Usmanovs step-son Anton Viner having an office in the latter.

Viner having an extensive CV in property development would suggest that the end-game here is using Everton as a foothold into the very lucrative development contracts that will follow the Liverpool Waters project.

No idea whether Usmanov’s involvement will extend beyond just the stadium, but it should be great for the city as a whole either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.