Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's business, it's clever, you don't get that part do you? It's why he's a billionaire and you're willy waving on an internet football forum ;)

So Moshiri bought Everton in 2016 on the say so of Usmanov because he wanted a new project in the pipeline but at the same time he was desperately trying to gain control of Arsenal up until 2018

Makes complete sense now mate, Thanks for clearing that up

So Moshiri bought Everton in 2016 on the say so of Usmanov because he wanted a new project in the pipeline but at the same time he was desperately trying to gain control of Arsenal up until 2018

Everton is a means to an end for them though, a new stadium on dockland which is going to see massive amount of investment, new hotels, restaurants, bars, appartments along with the new cruise terminal, these are business men who see the potential in the Liverpool waters scheme

Where did Moshiri get his Arsenal shares? Who bought them enabling moshiri to buy into Everton?
There was a huge grudge at Arsenal between Kroenke and Usmanov, Usmanov continued to undermine Kroenke at every opportunity and when the time was right to quit he did. You understand the percentage of shares when a complete takeover is triggered, you know that bit? That's what Usmanov was blocking by buying up shares.
Really, don't get all smartarse until you've displayed some modicum of having an absolute clue instead of having an absolute mare. Now crack on your soup's going cold...

Well well well.

Where are all the nay sayers now?

Uncle Uzi is well and truly on the Everton bus which is cruising straight to the big time!

Carlo came because he knew the big man was going to add his considerable financial muscle to the project.

I said a year or so ago that Everton will be the biggest club in Liverpool in the years to come. Nothing has changed my mind about that.

It's called hedging your bets. Other clubs were being bought out and we were in the process of selling to Americans at the time. They had a small window to move knowing that they were unlikely to ever get control over Arsenal.

Now had the initial spend with Koeman worked and we suddenly got successful then it is possible the Arsenal fans would have kicked up enough fuss to try and force Kroenke out and get Usmanov in, I believe he would have seen this as his preferential plan but as that never happened he eventually sold up.

It's called hedging your bets. Other clubs were being bought out and we were in the process of selling to Americans at the time. They had a small window to move knowing that they were unlikely to ever get control over Arsenal.

Now had the initial spend with Koeman worked and we suddenly got successful then it is possible the Arsenal fans would have kicked up enough fuss to try and force Kroenke out and get Usmanov in, I believe he would have seen this as his preferential plan but as that never happened he eventually sold up.

Not too sure but I can't remember Usmanov getting much of a look in with the Arsenal stadium build but I think that was what got the feud going with Kroenke and our stadium has been a carrot to get involved and will become a bit of a vanity project for him, a bit of an.up yours to Kroenke.

Status
Not open for further replies.