Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably worthwhile stating that Usmanov putting feelers out for other clubs (I don't believe he's doing this) in the press to lead people off the scent is a very standard MO. For whatever reason (there are many sensible ones) he wants to be seen as distant from Everton. However there is no club in England with Everton's size, quality of playing staff and prospects for a new ground available for even a fraction of the cost. There may be clubs abroad but they are not in leagues that are soaring like the PL. No newspaper of the prestige and influence of Bloomberg have linked him to any club other than Everton and until that changes it will be significant.

I'd also not get too bogged down in the idea that there may be difficulties as to who owns what share in Moshiri/Usmanov doing a deal. Neither seems massively keen to be hands on. Moshiri doesn't sit at board level and has never expressed an interest to want too. Usmanov has never done so either. Both want to have a voice at board level. I'm almost certain it would be a united voice, but even if it wasn't I'm sure they'd be happy just having a say (which is what they've wanted from the start).

Yes a part of them will want the adulation. I do think thats a part of it. It also helps in terms being arrested, if you have a big profile. States do factor these things in. However it's ultimately an avenue to make money. The club will grow substantially in value if they get it anywhere near where they want it to be. It will also be an asset they can borrow against either formally or informally, introduce people to, give them a greater degree of respectability in certain circles etc.

They will also benefit enormously from the stadium being situated where it is. There was 13 billion pounds of investment outlined for that area, now some of it may have stalled, but a half a billion project to kickstart it plus 55k people every other week visiting will be an enormous shot in the arm. You look at the Echo arena and the subsequent development around there and I'd say there is a good chance it will emulate that, and every chance it may grow even bigger than that. Whether Usmanov/Moshiri own land, or buy land up, or introduce business associates with the opportunities to benefit from the area will give them financial and business benefits from being involved.

While I think part of the plan was Everton. It is an untapped brand and was available for a pittance I also think the waterfront project is where the real opportunities are. It was pretty much immediately what Moshiri spent his time exploring. Imagine an area similar to whats around L1 with a 60k stadium (one of the best in the league) in the centre of it. Imagine the opportunities for selling tickets. Tickets to the emerging markets in Japan, China, America, Russia, India etc.10-15 minutes walk from Lime street, along the sea front, in the bars to the ground.

I think all of this would have been seen and thought of when Moshiri came. It would be highly unusual for them not to have discussed "what will you do". It's clear Usmanov has not said to Moshiri "I'm staying here you go" as he has subsequently sold in 2 years. It's very likely a plan/timeline was agreed at that point.

As I've also stated numerous times, there's no way that Moshiri annoys Usmanov by going back on that, or if Usmanov just happens to want to now invest in Everton (which is how it's being portrayed in the media) he turns him back.

Really hope this comes to happen and we can show the RS what a real super power is. While their enjoying this big stand and players blanking their fans for autographs well be watching the cream of Europe playing at our brand new state of the art Stadium.

The RS will be watching on with deluded jealousy as we fight for top honours and players while they sign no marks from Southampton or some German no mark team.

COYB!!!

Mate you probaly need to stop obsessing over them, all your posts so far are about them.

It's probably worthwhile stating that Usmanov putting feelers out for other clubs (I don't believe he's doing this) in the press to lead people off the scent is a very standard MO. For whatever reason (there are many sensible ones) he wants to be seen as distant from Everton. However there is no club in England with Everton's size, quality of playing staff and prospects for a new ground available for even a fraction of the cost. There may be clubs abroad but they are not in leagues that are soaring like the PL. No newspaper of the prestige and influence of Bloomberg have linked him to any club other than Everton and until that changes it will be significant.

I'd also not get too bogged down in the idea that there may be difficulties as to who owns what share in Moshiri/Usmanov doing a deal. Neither seems massively keen to be hands on. Moshiri doesn't sit at board level and has never expressed an interest to want too. Usmanov has never done so either. Both want to have a voice at board level. I'm almost certain it would be a united voice, but even if it wasn't I'm sure they'd be happy just having a say (which is what they've wanted from the start).

Yes a part of them will want the adulation. I do think thats a part of it. It also helps in terms being arrested, if you have a big profile. States do factor these things in. However it's ultimately an avenue to make money. The club will grow substantially in value if they get it anywhere near where they want it to be. It will also be an asset they can borrow against either formally or informally, introduce people to, give them a greater degree of respectability in certain circles etc.

They will also benefit enormously from the stadium being situated where it is. There was 13 billion pounds of investment outlined for that area, now some of it may have stalled, but a half a billion project to kickstart it plus 55k people every other week visiting will be an enormous shot in the arm. You look at the Echo arena and the subsequent development around there and I'd say there is a good chance it will emulate that, and every chance it may grow even bigger than that. Whether Usmanov/Moshiri own land, or buy land up, or introduce business associates with the opportunities to benefit from the area will give them financial and business benefits from being involved.

While I think part of the plan was Everton. It is an untapped brand and was available for a pittance I also think the waterfront project is where the real opportunities are. It was pretty much immediately what Moshiri spent his time exploring. Imagine an area similar to whats around L1 with a 60k stadium (one of the best in the league) in the centre of it. Imagine the opportunities for selling tickets. Tickets to the emerging markets in Japan, China, America, Russia, India etc.10-15 minutes walk from Lime street, along the sea front, in the bars to the ground.

I think all of this would have been seen and thought of when Moshiri came. It would be highly unusual for them not to have discussed "what will you do". It's clear Usmanov has not said to Moshiri "I'm staying here you go" as he has subsequently sold in 2 years. It's very likely a plan/timeline was agreed at that point.

As I've also stated numerous times, there's no way that Moshiri annoys Usmanov by going back on that, or if Usmanov just happens to want to now invest in Everton (which is how it's being portrayed in the media) he turns him back.

Good post.

I object to your repeated habit of talking absolute sense. I find it very disorientating on this forum.

Enjoy reading your posts mern,

I hope he does come aboard as it would enable quicker realisation regarding all our aims off the pitch and inevitably on it (with FFP & STCC parameters being masked by sponsorship/naming rights investment).

Until Usmanov invests in a team there will be assumptions he’s behind the scenes pulling strings/investing in us and given how he is present in the media we may hear more shortly.

If he does come on board the first step has to be targeting a top four finish or the very least European football. It's going to be a lengthy job to get us where we want to be and one transfer window spending spree isn't going to get us there.

We need a long term plan starting with some rock solid news on the stadium. Not getting the commonwealth games has obviously had an impact on the project. Obviously if he does come he will want to make a statement seen as how publically his issues with Arsenal were.

If he does come on board the first step has to be targeting a top four finish or the very least European football. It's going to be a lengthy job to get us where we want to be and one transfer window spending spree isn't going to get us there.

We need a long term plan starting with some rock solid news on the stadium. Not getting the commonwealth games has obviously had an impact on the project. Obviously if he does come he will want to make a statement seen as how publically his issues with Arsenal were.

We were never going to get the Commonwealth Games,and if anyone involved in the stadium deal thought otherwise,they had been badly informed,or were having a brain fart. Birmingham was always a shoe in for the Games, the Olympic organisers, Seb Coe, and the rest of the London lobby, were always behind Birmingham, and no one else had a chance.

better to have a Usmanov than American owners.
America is built on cheap underpaid and exploited Mexican workers and the land grabbing genocide of the Native American Indian. American owners should be banned.
Now let's talk about middle eastern owners, or Russian etc etc etc

Owner morality ..... Yawn yawn yawn

Unfair.

We exploited the Irish and Germans too.

Status
Not open for further replies.