Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it complicates the club's financial arrangements with other organisations. The only question is "why do it if you know an oligarch and his £500M are on their way?"

Because he might be eating a bacon sandwich and just be about to sign a few gajillion over and then choke on the sandwich and die and his family for some reason might not want to put money into Everton so it makes sense to arrange the finance in another way first?

Because it complicates the club's financial arrangements with other organisations. The only question is "why do it if you know an oligarch and his £500M are on their way?"

Because someone didnt sell their Arsenal shares until after the transfer window?

But I am basing that on you being correct us bringing cash forward anyrate. Not a clue me.

I know zip about Usmanov (or Moshiri for that matter) but if his involvement means better players coming in then I hope he gets involved with us. I long for the days when John Moores was untouchable for wealth in football and we were hailed (and hated) as the Merseyside Millionaires. Our new moniker can be the Bramley Billionaires ;)

Not gonna name the rules he would be breaking? Thought not because there are no rules he will be breaking.

The rules? What rules have I said are broken? The PL would have a major call to make on this if it were true...which it's not. I cant see, given the refuted connections between the two men, they could possibly not see this as underlining the BBC investigation. At the very least the BBC would never let the issue go. It would be manna from heaven for them: previous target of the BBC AND Putin supporter. That in and of itself would end any possibility.

I don’t know if this will happen or not, personally I think it will, but, I wonder if it is causing a little melt down on rawk around about now. Oh if this happened our delightful neighbours would be so angry.

The rules? What rules have I said are broken? The PL would have a major call to make on this if it were true...which it's not. I cant see, given the refuted connections between the two men, they could possibly not see this as underlining the BBC investigation. At the very least the BBC would never let the issue go. It would be manna from heaven for them: previous target of the BBC AND Putin supporter. That in and of itself would end any possibility.

Yes what rules would they charge Usmanov with breaking if he invested here? You say it would make the authorities uncomfortable? If they were that uncomfortable they would have done something about it already.

If he invested here now he is completely free to do so without fear of retribution. If they took him to court even I could argue his case for dismissal let alone a highly paid lawyer.

Professional Everton Discusser. You’ve seen through the looking glass now.

tenor.gif

Dave, forgive me but you can't have it both ways.

You claim their relationship in football is dubious... The BBC found evidence... And yet the governing bodies saw it unproblematic...

Which is it ?
No contradiction: the BBC report never said there was a definite tie up; they presented a pretty convincing paper trail however that only an imbecile could look at and wonder WTF the commotion was all about. The game didn't act because they weren't required to act. But if it happened now (the investment) in this climate, do you really see no problems for such a tie up?

So Panorama will sink this then?

Oh, and it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.